Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Irrelevant. We are talking about your fantasy proposed Dallas vs what Houston is today. Parts of your proposed Dallas has areas with no density as well. Houston's core is denser than Dallas core.

If I had my wish, the whole DFW area would be a hell of a lot better if it was less dense than it is now. These "density" claims are about as irrelevant as the damned diversity claims. Who gives a rats ass?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM

469 posts, read 887,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Irrelevant. We are talking about your fantasy proposed Dallas vs what Houston is today. Parts of your proposed Dallas has areas with no density as well. Houston's core is denser than Dallas core.
COOL STORY. Moderator cut: see comment I'm simply stating that if we annexed some suburbs to catch up landwise, we would catch up population wise as well. : smack:

Last edited by Bo; 05-23-2011 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: I explained this edit via DM.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
COOL STORY. I'm simply stating that if we annexed some suburbs to catch up landwise, we would catch up population wise as well. : smack:
You'll get nothing but constant obfuscation from these folks. In short, you're arguing with a signboard. Although I could care less about the population, density, etc. I understand your point. Clearly there are some on here with cognitive disabilities.

Last edited by Bo; 05-23-2011 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,987,610 times
Quote:
No, clearly you are not thinking.

What I was saying, is that if we took the surrounding land (aka suburbs) and annexed enough land to be equal to Houston's total land area, our populations would be almost identical as well...

I don't give a **** about the airport. We have one of the worlds busiest airports.
big difference is that Dallas only has one airport in its city limits Son. No matter how big DFW airport is, it does not contribute to how large DFW city limits are

Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
big difference is that Dallas only has one airport in its city limits Son. No matter how big DFW airport is, it does not contribute to how large DFW city limits are
No, what I am saying is that I don't care, at all...

its a ****in airport

thanks for disregarding the rest of what I said.

Last edited by Bo; 05-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: If you must use those words, spell them correctly so the banned word filter can render them as the owner wants them rendered.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
No, what I am saying is that I don't care, at all...

its a fuc*in airport

thanks for disregarding the rest of what I said.
what you are trying to say is that if Dallas gobbled enough burbs to be the size of Houston it would have similar pops. I got that. now I am telling you you are gobbling up neighborhoods when Houston has a ton of land that people cannot live on. so you are trying to get 500 sq miles of residential land for Dallas and 350 for Houston and say oh, look in the same area they have the same pop.

sorry Gov'ner no cricket.
Why don't you take away Love Field from Dallas and IAH. Hobby, Ellington field from Houston, along with Cullen Park, GB park etc etc.

You will be left with about 350 sq miles. Now add up land around Dallas to get to 350sq miles and see what you get.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
what you are trying to say is that if Dallas gobbled enough burbs to be the size of Houston it would have similar pops. I got that. now I am telling you you are gobbling up neighborhoods when Houston has a ton of land that people cannot live on. so you are trying to get 500 sq miles of residential land for Dallas and 350 for Houston and say oh, look in the same area they have the same pop.

sorry Gov'ner no cricket.
I used land figures, excluding water

so sorry Gov'ner, no cricket.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I used land figures, excluding water

so sorry Gov'ner, no cricket.
lol well then all the extra land that you are proposing to get would go towards a real airport in Dallas's city limits and an overflow airport, a Space Center, A huge ass ship Channel and some good sized parks. Both cities have tons of flood plain land, that cancels out each other.

Sorry Gov'ner, the residential areas of Dallas and Houston are already the same, Houston just has more people.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
lol well then all the extra land that you are proposing to get would go towards a real airport in Dallas's city limits and an overflow airport, a Space Center, A huge ass ship Channel and some good sized parks. Both cities have tons of flood plain land, that cancels out each other.

Sorry Gov'ner, the residential areas of Dallas and Houston are already the same, Houston just has more people.
Thanks for arguing for the sake of arguing. Moderator cut: off topic/personal I guess you aren't familiar with Love Field's redo. I forgot Dallas doesn't have any good sized parks. I'll give it to you on the Space Center but I find space to be extremely boring so, personally, I'm not missing out. Once again, I forgot THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE WORLDS LARGEST AIRPORTS THAT BORDERS OUR CITY LIMITS. And that two of the 4 largest airlines are based out of here..

Last edited by Bo; 05-23-2011 at 04:30 PM..

Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Houston:

Dallas:

I know the maps are not on the same scale, but you can see what I am talking about, Houston doesn't even begin to cover up all the city limits. Lots of big things in there taking up lotsa land.

At least 1/5 of the land is non residential, while in Dallas it looks like the city limits are covered with residences from end to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas