Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times

Advertisements

Full Report - A.T.*Kearney

US cities on the list

1. New York City
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
10. Washington D.C.
21. Boston
22. San Francisco
29. Miami
36. Atlanta
38. Houston
50. Dallas

A panel of experts vs Editors and readers of USA Today

Last edited by Jack Lance; 09-04-2014 at 04:41 PM..

Old 09-04-2014, 04:41 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
Dallas skyline better than NYC or Chicago? Look at the bottom of the page that's linked. Two out of the three "experts" live in Dallas. That's the only reason it's on a list of cities where it's clearly ridiculously out of its league. Most of the other cities on that list have vastly better skylines. If you've ever been to Hong Kong, Shanghai, or many of those other cities, you'll understand why that poll is a joke.

And before you say anything, yes most of those cities also have way better skylines than Houston as well, so it's not just a Dallas thing. It's a divorced from reality thing.

But if there was ever a city that's constantly proven it needs stuff like this to make it feel better about itself, it's Dallas.

Gotta love how the inferiority complex comes out in the bottom of the article too. Classic Dallas. Advertise something that's created by Dallasites under the guise of neutrality, stuff the ballot box, and then claim that it's world class because a poll (again, created by Dallasites) says so.

The sheep fall for it, so it must be working.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Dallas skyline better than NYC or Chicago? Look at the bottom of the page that's linked. Two out of the three "experts" live in Dallas. That's the only reason it's on a list of cities where it's clearly ridiculously out of its league. Most of the other cities on that list have vastly better skylines. If you've ever been to Hong Kong, Shanghai, or many of those other cities, you'll understand why that poll is a joke.

And before you say anything, yes most of those cities also have way better skylines than Houston as well, so it's not just a Dallas thing. It's a divorced from reality thing.

But if there was ever a city that's constantly proven it needs stuff like this to make it feel better about itself, it's Dallas.

Gotta love how the inferiority complex comes out in the bottom of the article too. Classic Dallas. Advertise something that's created by Dallasites under the guise of neutrality, stuff the ballot box, and then claim that it's world class because a poll (again, created by Dallasites) says so.

The sheep fall for it, so it must be working.
I think this line from BOI's link proves what this faux poll is really about

"You know who’s not nominated? Any other Texas city. Take that, Houston. (Who-ston?)"

They know exactly who Houston is and are evidently in a panic about it.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:05 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I think this line from BOI's link proves what this faux poll is really about

"You know who’s not nominated? Any other Texas city. Take that, Houston. (Who-ston?)"

They know exactly who Houston is and are evidently in a panic about it.
That's what I was referring to when I said the inferiority complex comes out at the bottom of the poll.

Dallas' strategy - stack the deck, come to a false conclusion, and then brag about how badass you are.

Sad.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:18 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
That's what I was referring to when I said the inferiority complex comes out at the bottom of the poll.

Dallas' strategy - stack the deck, come to a false conclusion, and then brag about how badass you are.

Sad.
Oh quit crying.......Its only a fun poll...Yes i posted it because Dallas is winning..you would do the same. Laugh it off....its not that serious......

Talk about Inferiority complex........

Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:

US cities on the list

1. New York City
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
10. Washington D.C.
21. Boston
22. San Francisco
29. Miami
36. Atlanta
38. Houston
50. Dallas

if this makes you feel better then "Yaaaaay Houston"...The best city in the world

Old 09-04-2014, 05:22 PM

...No Houston
Vote- Best City for Sports Nominees: 2014 10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards

Old 09-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:

Sad.
....http://www.houstoniamag.com/data/fil.../86/index.html

Old 09-04-2014, 05:41 PM

298 posts, read 416,728 times
Quote:

US cities on the list

1. New York City
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
10. Washington D.C.
21. Boston
22. San Francisco
29. Miami
36. Atlanta
38. Houston
50. Dallas

Tbh I wouldn't put Miami or Atlanta above Houston and Dallas.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Man USA Today's circulation is Houston must be nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I have never heard of this mag, but the Dallas Morning News is supposed to be relevant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas