Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 03:22 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,312,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Toe View Post
How can voter fraud be said to be so miniscule when fake news is the one claiming that it is statistically non-existent? Who today doesn't think that network news, pro wrestling, and roller derby aren't fake? It is so obvious.
Pro wrestling? Say it ain't so, Joe.

Overlooking the tin foil hat part of your response, let's focus on voter fraud. We live in a Red State, and you know voter fraud would be jumped on like a duck on a June bug. Yet there have been three instances of indictable voter fraud in Texas over the last ten years. Three! And it gets better... two of the three were right-wing fanatics trying to stack votes. The other was an ex-felon who thought her parole meant she could vote.

Three cases. Are Gov. Abbott and Lt. General Windbag Patrick just ignoring them? Or do they not exist?

Ok, tin foil hats back on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 04:24 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,636,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Toe View Post
The Soviet news always claimed to be legit as well. Watch Yuri Bezmenov on YouTube. He was a Soviet agent working for the Soviet media. A Eastern European neighbor lives down the street from me.

How can voter fraud be said to be so miniscule when fake news is the one claiming that it is statistically non-existent? Who today doesn't think that network news, pro wrestling, and roller derby aren't fake? It is so obvious.
So does network news make up the stories, or are the data and statistics that the thousands of independent law enforcement and election agencies publish part of the conspiracy as well? Just trying to get a feel for how deep this goes.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:11 PM

8,585 posts, read 5,757,778 times
It’s obvious: Republicans want fewer people to vote in places where there are more Democrats. Their latest target is drive through voting in Harris county. It’s not because that contributes to voter fraud, it’s still in person. They just don’t want us to vote. They say with a straight face that it’s about security and boot licking morons on the right but it for no other reason than they want to.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:46 AM

1,510 posts, read 905,056 times
Regardless of who you vote for, please get out and vote Texas

Old 10-18-2020, 09:31 PM

14 posts, read 12,391 times
Imagine unironically being some right wing nut job who says 'fake news' 'fake news' every 2 seconds. Sounds like my crazy dad who has hannity and rush limbaugh dripping into his ear from his phone's radio 24/7.

Republicans flail so badly and know they can't actually win on policy so they've been ramping up anyway they could conceivably push through voter suppression, big surprise.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:50 AM

I like this requirement - Absentee voters will be required to show identification and sign a roster before delivering their sealed ballot - to keep the vote secure, safe and accurate.
https://www.courthousenews.com/texas...ne-per-county/

https://www.dispatch.com/story/opini...er/3676915001/

However, does no one else see and have an issue with the rest of what is going on here in Texas by Republican led Abbott?
Is there no reasonable reason why this requirement can not be done at more then one site per county and still reasonably keep the vote secure, safe and accurate?

Old 10-19-2020, 08:05 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,312,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I like this requirement - Absentee voters will be required to show identification and sign a roster before delivering their sealed ballot - to keep the vote secure, safe and accurate.
https://www.courthousenews.com/texas...ne-per-county/

https://www.dispatch.com/story/opini...er/3676915001/

However, does no one else see and have an issue with the rest of what is going on here in Texas by Republican led Abbott?
Is there no reasonable reason why this requirement can not be done at more then one site per county and still reasonably keep the vote secure, safe and accurate?
That's exactly what Harris County had in place. Every one of the drop-off locations had trained, non-partisan workers, with an ID requirement in place. Per state law.

The only reason Abbott did this was to make voting harder in the cities, where the vote tends to be blue. And I think it's backfiring on him. Voters are so enraged, they will do ANYTHING to make sure their vote is heard. Early voting is up by a factor of ten!!

I've always voted independent, for the best candidate. But in looking back at my 50 years of voting, until just a few years ago, it was more red than blue. But two things have driven me away: the Rep attitude towards social issues (WhyTF does anyone care who gets married to whom?), and the recent use of scorched earth policy towards elections & politics. Pushing thru a SCOTUS nom with less then two weeks to an election? Trying every tactic in the book to discourage voting? Things like this have made me realize they (the Reps) aren't concerned about me. I'll never vote R again. Ever. I'd vote for a turnip before I'd vote for hate and racism.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:55 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,636,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
That's exactly what Harris County had in place. Every one of the drop-off locations had trained, non-partisan workers, with an ID requirement in place. Per state law.

The only reason Abbott did this was to make voting harder in the cities, where the vote tends to be blue. And I think it's backfiring on him. Voters are so enraged, they will do ANYTHING to make sure their vote is heard. Early voting is up by a factor of ten!!

I've always voted independent, for the best candidate. But in looking back at my 50 years of voting, until just a few years ago, it was more red than blue. But two things have driven me away: the Rep attitude towards social issues (WhyTF does anyone care who gets married to whom?), and the recent use of scorched earth policy towards elections & politics. Pushing thru a SCOTUS nom with less then two weeks to an election? Trying every tactic in the book to discourage voting? Things like this have made me realize they (the Reps) aren't concerned about me. I'll never vote R again. Ever. I'd vote for a turnip before I'd vote for hate and racism.
The modern Republican agenda has always been just a couple layers of abstraction away from racism. From Lee Atwater, one of the heads of the Republican resurgence in the 80s:
Quote:
You start out in 1954 by saying, "N--, n--, n--". By 1968 you can't say "n--"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N--, n--". So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the back-burner.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Today is election day so please do not be intimidated and get out and vote if you have not already. Your voice matters and every American vote (including yours) will be counted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas