Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 10:16 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
-(Rumored) Paul & Shark at Galleria
-----Large scale renovations of previous Saks Fifth Avenue store at Galleria, awaiting new luxury retailers
It's been a couple months since I have been able to visit The Galleria, but it is strange that the new wing has only a few retailers open after a year in operation. I could not believe that most of the spaces are still empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 12:11 PM

61 posts, read 103,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Are you saying the LV Men's store is taking over the Ruti space?
Yes. It's right across from the current LV.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:09 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhotanddeadly View Post
Yes. It's right across from the current LV.
ah, I saw on Dallas Metropolis it was going into the former Mulberry space.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,583 times
I'm sorry, but I still laugh when I see the title of this thread. Is it really a "paradise" to have places to spend too much money for low-quality, ephemerally trendy merchandise? I am sympathetic with people who fall in love with the idea of being fashionable ... and also those who extract profit from those unwitting people. However, my view is that it is really a psychology game to trick people out of giving up whatever money they have. I know that some may not like that point of view and I don't mean to be "mean", but really, that's what is going on.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:44 AM

61 posts, read 103,202 times
I was at Northpark the other day and saw a Saint Laurent signage. Apparently it's next to Roberto Cavalli. I thought Versace was gonna move there.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:32 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhotanddeadly View Post
I was at Northpark the other day and saw a Saint Laurent signage. Apparently it's next to Roberto Cavalli. I thought Versace was gonna move there.
Versace is supposed to move in to the current Ferragamo space.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Went to The Galleria on Friday. The first floor of Galleria VI (in the old Saks store) is now full of shops. Some relocated from Galleria I to the new wing.

The second floor is still empty. I couldn't help but notice the b8ta store.

Dallasites may not have heard of b8ta because their Texas stores are in Austin and Houston. It's like a high-end Radioshack/Sharper Image/Brookstone. Ever since these stores died, the mall has been full of apparel stores and Best Buy was the only brick-and-mortar place for electronics and gadgets. Oddly, next door is the Peter Lik gallery, which provides a bright splash of color in contrast to the monochromatic wood tones of b8ta.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:54 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
Why do Houstonians keep comparing the Gallerias? People with money in Dallas who want to go to a mall go to Northpark, not the Galleria these days. Harping on the Galleria makes y'all sound like y'all are completely out of step with what's really going on in Dallas.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Why do Houstonians keep comparing the Gallerias? People with money in Dallas who want to go to a mall go to Northpark, not the Galleria these days. Harping on the Galleria makes y'all sound like y'all are completely out of step with what's really going on in Dallas.
Who’s doing that? There’s no point on comparing Galleria’s because it’s lopsided. If there were a mall to compare, it would be NorthPark. And River Oaks would be to compare to Highland Park Village.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:23 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
Plenty of posters from Houston keep posting that their Galleria is better than the Dallas Galleria. If you've been to both it's obvious that it is. They seem to ignore Northpark though which I find strange. I like to go there on occasion to see the new fine art they've displayed. I loved doing that with my mom when I was a kid. Has the Houston Galleria ever had a Warhol displayed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas