Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 04:40 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,018,477 times

Advertisements

How easy is it to make friends in these three cities.

I know houston demographic has alot of young people or people my age living there.

Im a very very hard worker at the job and in school but im still a 24 yr old male looking to live and enjoy life.

ill be moving to houston in 3 or less months coming from uniontown pa.

Im pretty open im eager to try new things experience different cultures wether it be rock sushi lifestyle rap doing the salsa etc etc and pretty much live it up wth friends and family when im not working 70 plus hours a week.

if im come off cheesy excuse my eagerness ive been trying to get to h town for a long time now.
sorry for the bad grammer, im using my phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,530 times
Austin has had the largest number of young people 25 to 34 in the nation move into the city ever since 2007. There is the University of Texas which has about 50,000 students as well. Young people are everywhere. Bar/ restaurant districts include Dirty Sixth, West Sixth, Eastside Sixth, West Fourth, West Second, South Congress, South Lamar, South First, Cesar Chavez (First) St, Guadalupe St "the Drag", East 11th, "Lower" Burnet (Rd.), and North Loop. However, partially as result of the parks, recreation and white-collar jobs, the town has become quite expensive. You will probably have to have roommates (and a job) to make ends meet. I'd highly suggest looking into Craigslist. If you can visit all three (3) cities before moving that would be the best advice. Good luck!

Last edited by ImOnFiya; 06-29-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM

770 posts, read 1,798,489 times
Depends on how you are as a person. I have good friends in all three cities and I have only lived in Texas 3 years. If you are an outgoing nice person, you won't have any trouble making friends in any of the cities that you mentioned.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
Austin has had the largest number of young people 25 to 34 in the nation move into the city ever since 2007. There is the University of Texas which has about 50,000 students as well. Young people are everywhere. Bar/ restaurant districts include Dirty Sixth, West Sixth, Eastside Sixth, West Fourth, West Second, South Congress, South Lamar, South First, Cesar Chavez (First) St, Guadalupe St "the Drag", East 11th, "Lower" Burnet (Rd.), and North Loop. However, partially as result of the parks, recreation and white-collar jobs, the town has become quite expensive. You will probably have to have roommates (and a job) to make ends meet. I'd highly suggest looking into Craigslist. If you can visit all three (3) cities before moving that would be the best advice. Good luck!
thanks for the luck.
i decided to live in houston but i will have no problem commuting to thee other cities on the weekend or on days off.
all 3 cities seem to be lively.

your right the median age is 30 for austin and 31.8 for dallas.

houston is still pretty young 2. i have no problem with older people its just that we tend to have less in common they usually are stubborn and stuck in their ways.

younger people like myself tend to be more open and try new things.

i also like the diversity houston has. im african american but i prefer to live in a diverse neighborhood that has everybody mexican puerto rican caucasian asian black. i do not want to live in area like atlanta or live in area like denver. it becomes boring.

im also a big gym freak 2 and i heard houston has one of the healthies populations in america which is good because i could also meet alot of people through that shared interest.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Depends on how you are as a person. I have good friends in all three cities and I have only lived in Texas 3 years. If you are an outgoing nice person, you won't have any trouble making friends in any of the cities that you mentioned.
i will be outgoing once i get there. im a pretty good guy. the more info i get on these cities the more it sounds like i will have a blast down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: