Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will make the most dramatic Change in its core?
Dallas 57 24.36%
Houston 103 44.02%
Austin 48 20.51%
San Antonio 26 11.11%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:05 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times

Advertisements

Everything is falling into place for the core of Dallas.........im really in my feelings guys......people sleep on Dallas so much....but it never stops ANYTHING.
https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-wor...-dollars-47598

Old 08-13-2015, 08:30 AM

47 posts, read 53,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Random thought: ....That new bridge we're getting is gonna be AWSOME. Coming north on I-35E through downtown changes everyday. Those two bridges from that angle will be BREATHTAKING lit up at night curving around the Omni..........it puts me in my feelings everytime......oh and i dare you to cross the new sylvan bridge at night......that view of Dallas tops anything in Texas.....and I STAND BY THAT
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLvCzaIVEAIO-gg.jpg
The best view in TX (in person, pictures can't do it justice imo) is from the top of the Ship Channel bridge and the Houston skyline across the entire Horizon, as far as the eye can see.

A very close second is the Austin cityscape from the top of Mt. Bonnell.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM

638 posts, read 570,012 times
Default Dallas Trinity River will get a 4 lane road not large tollroad

Dallas Council OKs four-lane road in Trinity River basin

City council finally made the decision to kill a large tollroad and move forward with a low speed parkway running along the Trinity River downtown. Now the Trinity River Park expansion can be moved along faster.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:59 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,356,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post

City council finally made the decision to kill a large tollroad and move forward with a low speed parkway running along the Trinity River downtown. Now the Trinity River Park expansion can be moved along faster.
Will this be like Allen Parkway?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:39 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,490,651 times
Quote:
Random thought: ....That new bridge we're getting is gonna be AWSOME. Coming north on I-35E through downtown changes everyday. Those two bridges from that angle will be BREATHTAKING lit up at night curving around the Omni..........it puts me in my feelings everytime......oh and i dare you to cross the new sylvan bridge at night......that view of Dallas tops anything in Texas.....and I STAND BY THAT
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLvCzaIVEAIO-gg.jpg
Agree! I really like the Sylvan Ave. Bridge view!

There's so much going on in the Medical District and nearby in the Design District that I'm not surprised by this at all. I think in the coming decades the Stemmons Corridor will be as built up as the North Dallas Tollway. In fact, I'll predict right now a lot of those jobs moving up to Far North Dallas County and Collin County will eventually move back down further into Dallas once this area picks up.

Quote:

The best news I've seen in A LONG time! The Trinity Toll Road is finally dead. Let's hope this foolish idea is put away for good! During the floods this year I went to the Commerce Street Bridge Park a few times, and seeing the Trinity up close, with the amazing views of Downtown Dallas was awesome. I really think the Trinity will be a game changing project when it's complete. I also didnt realize they already had trails down there. When it cools down I look forward to exploring that area more. They really need to get going with better access points from the Design District, and there's great access from Trinity Groves, but that needs improvement as well. Anyway, I know it's a work in progress, but it's already so much better than I thought.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:35 AM

638 posts, read 570,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Will this be like Allen Parkway?
Sorry, I am not familiar with the Allen Parkway.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:36 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
Quote:
This is what Dallas is doing right...

https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-wor...eres-why-49048
what exactly is it that Dallas is doing right? whatever it is, Houston must have been absolutely killing it over the last few years..

Quote:
Just a quick update for the "nay sayers" about Dallas' midtown district..
https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-wor...s-status-46863
uhh.. I'm pretty sure THIS.. doesn't look like THIS..
thats all anyone was ever saying..

Quote:

thats great news and should appease much of the opposition. but what are the plans for the Trinity River Park now that they can't build the big lakes they had planned?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:38 AM

328 posts, read 472,118 times
Default my sites

Quote:
Everything is falling into place for the core of Dallas.........im really in my feelings guys......people sleep on Dallas so much....but it never stops ANYTHING.
https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-wor...-dollars-47598

Bisnow is one of my go-to sites for all things DFW. Here's the collection:

https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-worth
Biz Beat Blog | Dallas Morning News
Dallas-Fort Worth Commercial Real Estate News - Business News for Dallas, Texas
Candy's Dirt | Dallas Real Estate News and Blog by Former Dallas Dirt Editor Candy Evans

It's amazing all that is happening in DFW right now. And it's not in a single, central/core location. It's everywhere.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:41 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
a mixed use redevelopment is coming to a historic Galveston brewery complex, fueled by the near by cruise terminal expansion..

Galveston hotel, condos, retail, parking slated for Falstaff brewery renovations - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
The six-story building on the site will be redeveloped into housing units, and the 10-story building will be converted into a hotel, for which Karam is in the process of interviewing brands, the Chronicle reports.

All of the buildings will have retail components, Karam said. He hopes to fill all 310,000-square-feet of space, spanning two city blocks, in the next 18 months, according to the Chronicle.

The cruise terminal, which Karam plans to capitalize on, is planning to build a $15 million, 60,000-square-foot expansion to make room for the new Liberty of the Seas cruise ship from Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL), which will start docking in November.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeard13 View Post
The best view in TX (in person, pictures can't do it justice imo) is from the top of the Ship Channel bridge and the Houston skyline across the entire Horizon, as far as the eye can see.

A very close second is the Austin cityscape from the top of Mt. Bonnell.
Those are awsome too....But if you haven't been in Dallas RECENTLY then you have to get up here and see this. The sylvan bridge is newly finished. It replaced a road that descended down into the trinity into a small park. This replacement bridge is elevated and it created a vantage point that has never existed in Dallas. While at the peak of the bridge the view captures:
* Both spectacular bridges
*Downtown Dallas
*Uptown Dallas
*The World Trade/Market Center District
*The Medical Center District
*The Stemmons Corridor
ALL IN ONE LINE!!!....the buildings go as far as the eye can see...ALL LIT UP!!......its sickening!!!

Sidenote: The medical center is beautiful at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas