Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 10:22 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times

Advertisements

Looks like TCU will be taking A&M spot on Thanksgiving.

According to Orange Blood

On the football scheduling front, Texas will play TCU on Thanksgiving in 2012. That schedule will become final next week. According to my sources, there are still some scheduling points that remain up in the air, but it doesn't appear that UT's Turkey Day game in 2012 is one of them. The Longhorns will play the Horned Frogs in Austin.

And it appears there have been no objections - up to this point - about Texas playing every year at home on Thanksgiving and rotating opponents through from year to year. The time of the game on Thanksgiving could be interesting after the NFL's new television deal included NBC outbidding the NFL Network for the Thanksgiving night NFL game.

ESPN always felt good about putting Texas-Texas A&M up against a game on the NFL Network because it was cable vs cable, and viewers had more access to ESPN. But cable vs network TV could cause Texas, the Big 12 and ESPN to rethink things about when UT's Turkey Day game might be played beginning in 2013.

I'm told Texas-TCU will be Thanksgiving night next season, and any scheduling concerns about the NFL going to NBC on Thanksgiving won't be addressed by UT, the Big 12 and ESPN until at least the 2013 season.

I expect TCU to trounce Texas next year on Thanksgiving....

Another UT Thanksgiving RUMOR - Killer Frogs [.com] v. 4.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
I'm an alumnus of both universities (UT undergrad; TCU grad degrees). No matter how it goes I can't lose.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:04 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post

I expect TCU to trounce Texas next year on Thanksgiving....
Oh yeah, I will be rooting for the Frogs in that game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: