Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,251,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Hate to say it, KewGee, but the only thing I do miss about Texas (the Rio Grande Valley, specifically) is a few dear friends, and the food. There are days when I'd kill for an order of breakfast tacos from El Pato, but even so, I don't miss 'em enough to move back. Not even enough to visit, for that matter.

But for your sake, I'm glad that you find more about Texas to love than I did, and I wish you many opportunities to experience them all again.

I'm still here after 28 years; I'm a transplanted Californian. I posted, "If I left Texas...." I just thought it funny that no one missed anything about Texas but food since so many people think it's the only place on Earth worth living.

Trust me, if you have ever read any of my posts, you will see there is very little I would miss as I'm dying to move away and hope in time, I'll be able to do so.

Everything I mentioned that I would miss can be found any place. Well, maybe not Live Oak trees, but other great trees.

My list of what I wouldn't miss is way too long to list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,371,349 times
Wups, sorry to have missed your other posts, KewGee! I only drop in now and again, and don't have time to read all the threads. I apologize for missing the subtext in your earlier comment.

Best of luck in re-transplanting, if such is your goal. As I know all too well, it's tough to pull up the family's roots after a couple of decades, but I also know it can be worthwhile. Even if it means you can't get breakfast tacos at El Pato any more.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:29 PM

10 posts, read 33,520 times
we moved from san angelo texas to colorado 7 years ago. my heart is still in texas, i miss smiling faces, and waves from strangers passing in their cars, the sunsets, wearing light sweaters all winter, sunshine on christmas, pecan trees,our little house in san angelo, our church crossroads,the sounds of those little light bugs that come out at night i forgot what they are called,i miss the diversity,the mexican food,the texas pride, i forgot how many ppl have little texas flags hanging everywhere, the way texans welcome you like family...i am homesick

Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM

81 posts, read 333,882 times
Ahh San Angelo. Hidalgos is not bad but there are better. If I left Texas, even San Angelo, I would definitely miss the Mexican food. Such as Corner Stop breakfast BURRITOS. To me the Mexican food in other parts of the state don't match up.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:19 PM

389 posts, read 1,662,522 times
I miss clear water cafe in Midland Texas and those awesome chicken fried steaks!!I also miss Bryan's Barn in ''mojo''country of Odessa!!GO MOJO!!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM

364 posts, read 1,426,431 times
I graduated from Angelo State in 1994 and really loved it. Had I not met a cute girl and fallen in love I would probably still be there. We used to eat at Zetner's Daughter on Sunday evening. Mejor Que Nada used to be excellent, but got too big and commercial IMO. I miss the outdoor July 4th Pops concert and Fort Concho at Christmas. San Angelo is a great place to live.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:52 AM

415 posts, read 2,340,360 times
I miss the smell of the desert after an afternoon rain storm. I bright blue skys, I miss the friendly folk, I miss the tumble weeds, I miss TEXAS and I am COMING HOME , soon to retire in hill country

Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 PM

81 posts, read 333,882 times
RSTX, yeah, El Mejor(that's what it's offically called now for some reason..doesn't make sense) isn't a very good place. Actually it seems the smaller the Mexican joint, the better it is. I remember when I was a kid and it was still a gas station then a small restaurant it was good.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:43 PM

364 posts, read 1,426,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady12 View Post
RSTX, yeah, El Mejor(that's what it's offically called now for some reason..doesn't make sense) isn't a very good place. Actually it seems the smaller the Mexican joint, the better it is. I remember when I was a kid and it was still a gas station then a small restaurant it was good.
"El Mejor"??? I haven't been to SA since 1998. I guess a few things have changed. Is Lowake Steakhouse still open?

Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM

34 posts, read 156,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I used to live in Texas...

I miss Cowboys in TIGHT Wrangler Jeans and cowboy boots....

Awwww, so do I. I still live in central TX, but about all I ever see now are droopy-drawers. Tight Wranglers are considered very uncool and not poliitically correct, especially with boots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas