Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,204,174 times

Advertisements

Dad-gummit, y'all made me hungry for a Whataburger. I'm going to have to get one! There is some great BBQ here in Ft Worth, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 05:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,186,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
when we lived in Shreveport we really missed Blue Bell ice cream--now they have shipped to more states and it easier to get...
My daughter lives in FL and she missed Joe T Garcia's picante sauce and PicAPepper sauce--so we give her a gift box of both at Christmas and she stocks up when she comes home for visits...
think even things like Doritoes take different sometimes when you buy them out of the normal production area...

I always take Mexene Chili Powder to my sister in So Cal.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,186,023 times
khfar, I hate to make you jealous but my nephew was here from Atlanta and here was our restaurant list: Primo's, Matt's, Whataburger, Snuffer's, Campisi's, John's Cafe, Hotel ZaZa (Dragonfly and the pool), Sammy's BBQ, Huck's Chicken Fried Steak and Catfish near Lake Texoma...and of course the big lawn parties at the Lakewood 4th parade and fireworks. Beer of course, but a lot of fabulous food!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM

106 posts, read 463,857 times
I miss Lone Star beer.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:33 AM

443 posts, read 1,567,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfgirl View Post
I miss the food. I loved the boudin! I asked at the Albertsons here in Montana if they sell it and they look at me like I am nuts.
I miss the shrimp gumbo. I can cook, but I never lerned how to cook that.
I miss the bbq's. Man can Texans bbq!
I got to go visit! Maybe I can bring a cooler with me. That way I can keep all the food fresh.
Ok with that list you have to have come from the Beaumont area right? I'm thinking to myself as i read it, sounds like you miss Louisiana, lol.

So tell me, do you miss it enough to come back.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 PM

418 posts, read 1,785,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
khfar, I hate to make you jealous but my nephew was here from Atlanta and here was our restaurant list: Primo's, Matt's, Whataburger, Snuffer's, Campisi's, John's Cafe, Hotel ZaZa (Dragonfly and the pool), Sammy's BBQ, Huck's Chicken Fried Steak and Catfish near Lake Texoma...and of course the big lawn parties at the Lakewood 4th parade and fireworks. Beer of course, but a lot of fabulous food!

You suck, Lakewooder! I miss Snuffer's and Campisis like you wouldn't BELIEVE, and am looking forward to my week long visit in a few months!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,229,210 times
Does anyone miss anything besides food and cowboys? If I left Texas, I would miss the sunrises and sunsets, Live Oak trees, fruit trees blooming in the Spring, and snow when we get it.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM

56 posts, read 185,781 times
Kolachies or however you spell it. Some of what you get in Texas that you cant get in here in North Carolina I try to make myself. Made a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo when it was cold. Quite a few people here know what good cajun food is though. Brought my smoker pit with me so I can cook brisket and other stuff. Next door nieghbors never knew what brisket was till I cooked one and gave them some. Now they cant get enough of it.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 AM

9 posts, read 27,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Ok with that list you have to have come from the Beaumont area right? I'm thinking to myself as i read it, sounds like you miss Louisiana, lol.

So tell me, do you miss it enough to come back.
I am from Orange, Tx. and no, I do not want to move there. I can do without the flying **** roaches, the aligators, and all that heat. Plus I would miss all this snow we get in Montana.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,841 times
Hate to say it, KewGee, but the only thing I do miss about Texas (the Rio Grande Valley, specifically) is a few dear friends, and the food. There are days when I'd kill for an order of breakfast tacos from El Pato, but even so, I don't miss 'em enough to move back. Not even enough to visit, for that matter.

But for your sake, I'm glad that you find more about Texas to love than I did, and I wish you many opportunities to experience them all again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas