Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 12,058 times

Advertisements

We just bought a few acres in morgan county. Does anyone from the area know of someone reliable to put a septic tank in? Also do you have to pay for it all at once or does someone take payments? Does anyone know about what it costs? Any help is greatly appreciated! We are looking to put a camper on the property until we can build our house. Needless to say, money is short in this economy. If you know of someone I should not use, please tell me that too! Any info on the county would be helpful. It looks like a quiet beautiful place! I am very excited to finally get my little piece of heaven! In TN and loving it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM

363 posts, read 583,106 times
You might try contacting Sunbright Utility District, that's the water company in Morgan County. They may be able to recommend someone. I'll DM you their phone number.

Where in Morgan County is your property?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 AM

52 posts, read 182,163 times
Plateau Utilities is the water company I was with while living in Wartburg.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM

363 posts, read 583,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
Plateau Utilities is the water company I was with while living in Wartburg.
You are correct. PUD is still the water company for Wartburg. I know several people at SUD and thought of them first.

Daughterearth's water company will depend on where the property is located.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

5 posts, read 16,645 times
You can't put a septic tank in anywhere in Tennessee without state permission. Call the Ground Water Protection permitting office for Morgan County at (423) 346-4122. BTW, the basic permit fee just went up to $350.

They can also tell you who puts in septic systems in that area.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 12,058 times
Thanks for all the info. I believe the property is located in the coalfield area. Somewhere off coalhill rd. I have been so busy getting paperwork together. Does anyone know if having an rv instead of a freestanding home would make a difference in the septic? My husband can do all the work and knows how to install the septic. I am going to call today and ask questions, but any thoughts are welcome. I am so looking forward to moving to a peaceful community! Thanks again for all the info! This has been so helpful! Hope to be there in April, just in time for spring and a garden!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
Smile Buying 10 acres in Morgan County Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterearth View Post
Thanks for all the info. I believe the property is located in the coalfield area. Somewhere off coalhill rd. I have been so busy getting paperwork together. Does anyone know if having an rv instead of a freestanding home would make a difference in the septic? My husband can do all the work and knows how to install the septic. I am going to call today and ask questions, but any thoughts are welcome. I am so looking forward to moving to a peaceful community! Thanks again for all the info! This has been so helpful! Hope to be there in April, just in time for spring and a garden!
Hello, I see this is an old post but I guess worth a shot if you’re still around. I’m also looking into getting some land in the same Morgan County as you’ in Rollins. I’m online just doing some research before I actually end up buying. Are you still in the Morgan County TN area?, if so would you be able to give me some info on regulations? We are wanting to compost but from what I’ve heard so far and what I’ve read I guess you can’t do it but I’m not 100% sure on this as of yet I have read into the electrical and septic permits if you’ve already experienced having to deal with this stuff could you please share your thoughts/experiences...Thanks in advance
Alexsandra 😁

Old 09-13-2019, 05:01 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinChangez View Post
Hello, I see this is an old post but I guess worth a shot if you’re still around. I’m also looking into getting some land in the same Morgan County as you’ in Rollins. I’m online just doing some research before I actually end up buying. Are you still in the Morgan County TN area?, if so would you be able to give me some info on regulations? We are wanting to compost but from what I’ve heard so far and what I’ve read I guess you can’t do it but I’m not 100% sure on this as of yet I have read into the electrical and septic permits if you’ve already experienced having to deal with this stuff could you please share your thoughts/experiences...Thanks in advance
Alexsandra 😁
That particular poster hasn't been here since 3-5-2009 but perhaps someone else can chime in.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:32 PM

53 posts, read 72,154 times
When purchasing land in TN ensure you have a clause in the Real Estate Contract that the land passed the PERK test for septic system, which is $500 from the state. You do not want to buy a piece of land only to find out you cannot put a cabin/house etc on it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee