Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,656,135 times

Advertisements

Lisa,
I can't believe how far your home has come. Your kitchen looks so nice, the pool table was a nice touch, IMO. As far as art I know what you mean. I recently attended an art fair and it was tons of garbage. Not enough nature pictures. You should honestly take some pictures yourself of your area and even your property and download some free software that edits photos. Print them off at Wal-Mart and you can frame them! Be your own artist! With fall coming up you could get some beautiful pictures of your area.

I second the comment "cocoa" made about niki leaving her mark on the driveway. She's such a cute little dog.

Josh

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,492,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Thanks for sharing all you do Lisa. I gotta say that pool table will be one of your best investments-ever!!! I love shooting pool....................hours of fun!!!
Us too. Mike and I have been playing pool on and off for a long time. He is really good...me not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaNut View Post
[b][font="Century Gothic"]I still think you need something on top of your cabinets.... not too much, but a little personal touch.

I like homey but I hate things that can collect dust. If I fond something that works and I like..I will get it. Then again..that's a tall order, lol.

Hee hee... she wanted to leave her imprint.

She does that all over, lol. Niki actually really loves it here. Out of all the places we have lived and traveled this is her favorite.

Always!! Ya'll have a safe and Happy Labor day too!! Oh! Did you get my DMs?
I did I'm still playing catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMTN View Post
OK Lisa, you want more storage. How about one of those pot hanging gizmos over the pool table . There is no way on earth Mike could turn you down on that. You two are the greatest .

Roger
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Lisa,
I can't believe how far your home has come. Your kitchen looks so nice, the pool table was a nice touch, IMO. As far as art I know what you mean. I recently attended an art fair and it was tons of garbage. Not enough nature pictures. You should honestly take some pictures yourself of your area and even your property and download some free software that edits photos. Print them off at Wal-Mart and you can frame them! Be your own artist! With fall coming up you could get some beautiful pictures of your area.

I second the comment "cocoa" made about niki leaving her mark on the driveway. She's such a cute little dog.

Oh...it is so good to hear from you. It's been a long time.

I hear you about taking my own pics and I have been thinking and talking about it for years I still haven't replaced my broken camera and that was about 2 years ago

Josh

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,869,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Mid month we went to an art show called Art In The Park. It was a long way and a lot of people. Unfortunately what they call art I wouldn't hang on my wall if they paid me Seriously, I find it hard to believe that we can;t find any nature pictures when we live in the mountains. Oh well....we are still looking.
Road trip!!

Home - Des Moines Arts Festival

Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM

510 posts, read 1,397,951 times
I saw you commenting again on the problem of finding wall art. If you are ever way over here in Kingsport you might want to peek in "Decor Exchange" which is located directly behind (same structure) the main Post Office on Eastman Road. It is better grade consignment store specializing in antiques, furniture, and various type of artwork. They seem to always have a lot of pictures- some landscapes. Naturally the stock changes continuously.

I like that new dining room table you have. It's just like the one the Clampetts have. I'm envious.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 PM

668 posts, read 2,193,796 times
Sure hope they got them 'fancy pot passers' with that brand new table!! Comes in handy when ya have company over Oh, and best to serve 'road kill' to the relatives!! Sure keeps 'em comin over with thier mouths a waterin

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 AM

Good morning!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Hmm!! sounds like I should start planning a road trip for next year. I love Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim37680 View Post
I saw you commenting again on the problem of finding wall art. If you are ever way over here in Kingsport you might want to peek in "Decor Exchange" which is located directly behind (same structure) the main Post Office on Eastman Road. It is better grade consignment store specializing in antiques, furniture, and various type of artwork. They seem to always have a lot of pictures- some landscapes. Naturally the stock changes continuously.

I like that new dining room table you have. It's just like the one the Clampetts have. I'm envious.
Good to know, thanks.

Yeah...we are so classy, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Sure hope they got them 'fancy pot passers' with that brand new table!! Comes in handy when ya have company over Oh, and best to serve 'road kill' to the relatives!! Sure keeps 'em comin over with thier mouths a waterin

I wish you well...

Jesse
No roadkill here

Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend

Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,712,443 times
Thanks for sharing your story and photos with us. I agree, sealing asphalt is a nasty and smelly job. We used to put sand in our sealer to make it grittier and improve traction. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 AM

19 posts, read 73,688 times
Default Pool Table

Your new pool table will come in very handy as a dining table. We had one and hubby built a plywood cover for it, using 2 pieces and joining them with a brace. Add a table cloth and you have seating for many. We did the top in 2 pieces so it would be easy to store. It was also handy for doing my crafts and cutting out patterns. Love everything you've done!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM

50,528 posts, read 64,510,285 times
The office where I work is decorated with local photography that has been enlarged and printed on canvas, and stretched over a frame. Ours are sepia and black and white, but a few are in color. This is a very striking way to get a lot of art for not much money.
One site that does this is Canvas prints, print, printing, photo onto, photos on to canvas, so you could take a photograph you like, upload it to the site, choose the size and color, etc. and voila. The prices go from $30. to a couple hundred, depending on size.
If it was me, I'd for sure get one of your favorite cows and hang it somewhere.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 AM

Sunnydee-The sealer we used did have sand in the mix. Thew first batch actually had a lot more in it and it was the same brand Anyway, the mix with the extra sand made the most mess with splatter back at us.

MyrtleSue-Great idea about the plywood. That might be a project for Mike when he gets bored, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The office where I work is decorated with local photography that has been enlarged and printed on canvas, and stretched over a frame. Ours are sepia and black and white, but a few are in color. This is a very striking way to get a lot of art for not much money.
One site that does this is Canvas prints, print, printing, photo onto, photos on to canvas, so you could take a photograph you like, upload it to the site, choose the size and color, etc. and voila. The prices go from $30. to a couple hundred, depending on size.
If it was me, I'd for sure get one of your favorite cows and hang it somewhere.
Thank you. I will check into that. Since our projects are winding down I think it's time to get out more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee