Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 10:20 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,810,621 times

Advertisements

Wonderful report as always, Lisa! FWIW, the bird trapped in your feeder was almost certainly a tree swallow. They don't eat from feeders, so your confused bird was likely trying to investigate your feeder's nesting potential. Many tree swallows winter in Florida so there's a good chance that yours followed y'all back home!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 PM

30 posts, read 114,633 times
I like how Niki "has your back" while you are on the hill checking the calf and then the view. She's the ultimate stealth guard dog .

Your place is really looking good. Thanks for sharing with us!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,342,891 times
Niki the Wonder Dog is going to miss that fireplace. Even your used stuff is spotlessly clean and tidy. I'm so impressed with all that y'all do. You are an amazing couple.

Congrats on selling the properties. I hope all goes well and I'm sure it will.

Where is your huge motor home? I didn't see it in the pic.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,661,159 times
Howdy Sis&Bro L&M...

With the dents in the container, get a Bondo kit at the Auto parts store.

When my 5 gallon plastic buckets start to get brittle i sometimes put duct tape along the rim & inside the bottom, at times outside. Helps to reenforce them.

All yer work is lookin' reel Great.

Have a Wonderful Evenin' Y'All...

I Love my Wood Burner better'n the fireplace...

Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,661,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsugar View Post
Dh called this am, and said that not only are all the native dogwoods in bloom, but that my lilics are budding up. I really miss them - lilacs, as far as I know, won't do very well over here on the volcanic rock I live upon!

Some woodstoves are very expensive, and then you get hit with the cost of the piping which is quite a bit too. We went with Jotul Oslos, but they are not inexpensive. Still have an old now discontinued Sweet Home, which is probably the best one I've ever had, and it was reasonably priced (20+ years ago). I'd also considered a Lopi, years ago, and as I recall, it was a nice woodstove, probably more reasonable than the Jotul.

Here in southwest Oregon, Lilacs, Dogwood, Azaleas, Sweet Peas, ferns, berries, etc, grow wild...

Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM

82 posts, read 416,485 times
I understand your need to switch out the fireplace for the stove......

but the romantic in me is sad. I love the ambiance of a fireplace - even if it is a "fake" one.

Thanks for another update!

Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 AM

10 posts, read 50,599 times
Lisa, because you use propane for fuel you should mount the gas (leak) detectors close to the floor. You do have gas detectors, don't you?

The reason is that propane, unlike natural gas is heavier than air and any leak will accumulate at floor level or if you have any pits (I don't recall any) in the pit.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,411,735 times
Thank you Nomad for patiently waiting while I had my computer meltdown yesterday, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Well worth the wait. Loved it and grats on two contracts on the properties.
Pam
Thank you. We are supposed to close today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
Wonderful report as always, Lisa! FWIW, the bird trapped in your feeder was almost certainly a tree swallow. They don't eat from feeders, so your confused bird was likely trying to investigate your feeder's nesting potential. Many tree swallows winter in Florida so there's a good chance that yours followed y'all back home!
Thank you for the info. I'm glad Mike freed him. We did bring a lizard back, he hitched a ride, from FL but I haven't see him in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrbhjmnc View Post
I like how Niki "has your back" while you are on the hill checking the calf and then the view. She's the ultimate stealth guard dog .

Your place is really looking good. Thanks for sharing with us!
Yeah, she's a character, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Niki the Wonder Dog is going to miss that fireplace. Even your used stuff is spotlessly clean and tidy. I'm so impressed with all that y'all do. You are an amazing couple.

Where is your huge motor home? I didn't see it in the pic.
Thank you. We traded our motor home last year before we left for FL. We got a much smaller one. It was the only vehicle we took to FL because it gets much better mileage than our Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Howdy Sis&Bro L&M...

With the dents in the container, get a Bondo kit at the Auto parts store.

When my 5 gallon plastic buckets start to get brittle i sometimes put duct tape along the rim & inside the bottom, at times outside. Helps to reenforce them.
Mike used to be a body man so he knows all about bondo...I think he is looking for more of a cover up than a repair

Can't live without duct tape, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Here in southwest Oregon, Lilacs, Dogwood, Azaleas, Sweet Peas, ferns, berries, etc, grow wild...
It must be beautiful where you live

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Sweet Pea View Post
I understand your need to switch out the fireplace for the stove......

but the romantic in me is sad. I love the ambiance of a fireplace - even if it is a "fake" one.

Thanks for another update!
I know, but it just didn't work out. Niki will miss it the most...and Mike. They both used to stand in front of it while Mike would rub his hands together and say "ooh aah" while Niki wagged her tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furd View Post
Lisa, because you use propane for fuel you should mount the gas (leak) detectors close to the floor. You do have gas detectors, don't you?

The reason is that propane, unlike natural gas is heavier than air and any leak will accumulate at floor level or if you have any pits (I don't recall any) in the pit.
Excellent tip. Thank you. We have smoke detectors, and a carbon monoxide detector but we haven't gotten a gas detector yet. Now that you brought it to my attention I will put it on the top of my list. Thank you.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,148,694 times
I'm amazed at how quickly your property is selling. As soon as you put up the sign~someone grabs it! If only the Florida house sold so quickly!!

Too funny about the houses messing up the view... Where?? LOL!

Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,681,583 times
Great post and pictures. I'm sorry your first one disappeared. I know how frustrating that can be because it's happened to me many times. I just don't undertand where they go. Maybe some tech whiz can tell us where they go and/or how to get them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee