Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM

193 posts, read 512,661 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to Cookeville and LOVE the area but hate our neighborhood (subdivision). We are looking for another place out of a subdivision with property, which seems hard to find in Cookeville. Now also considering Murfreesboro. Any thoughts between the two would be appreciated. We just moved two months ago and don't want to make ANOTHER mistake.
Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,979,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluver View Post
We recently moved to Cookeville and LOVE the area but hate our neighborhood (subdivision). We are looking for another place out of a subdivision with property, which seems hard to find in Cookeville. Now also considering Murfreesboro. Any thoughts between the two would be appreciated. We just moved two months ago and don't want to make ANOTHER mistake.
Many thanks
Are you saying you want a house with acreage? If so, that might be more difficult to find in Murfreesboro. Murfreesboro is about four times larger than Cookeville with a population of around 110,000. I imagine that homes with acreage around there would be harder to find and considerably more expensive than you'd find around Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-17-2011, 04:29 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,199,307 times
Quote:
Many thanks
Have you considered going outside the Cookeville city limits but still in Putnam County? There are quite a few options within a 10 mile radius of Cookeville. Take the areas off Highway 70 between Cookeville and Monterey for example. Or up Highway 135 or 136 north of Cookeville 5 or 10 miles.

All of the above area beautiful areas. Good luck to you with your decision.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the information. I had a hard time trying to find anything with acreage in Murfreesboro. We currently live outside the city limits in Cookeville off 135 and 136. We are working with a realtor so hopefully they'll come up with something more suitable for us.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:35 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Many thanks
What is it that you hate in the subdivision?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 AM

181 posts, read 692,702 times
What is your price range?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
What is it that you hate in the subdivision?
DOGS. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE dogs and have two of my own. But everyone here has at least 3-5 and keep them outside 24/7 - barking. Also, many keep them loose and I've already been bitten and my dogs attacked. The Sheriff has been to my house twice. Very little has been done to remedy the situation.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmtn View Post
what is your price range?
$150,000 - $225,000

Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
DOGS. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE dogs and have two of my own. But everyone here has at least 3-5 and keep them outside 24/7 - barking. Also, many keep them loose and I've already been bitten and my dogs attacked. The Sheriff has been to my house twice. Very little has been done to remedy the situation.
Would not have guessed the problem was dogs. Is that a common issue in Cookeville subdivisions? Sounds like moving to a more rural area is the answer.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
I'm kind of curious about Mufreesboro being the backup plan for Cookeville. Are jobs any part of this consideration (as in, would you be leaving a job to make this move -- or do you have one?)

Murfreesboro is 3.5x larger than Cookeville, and will have more available as far as housing...but I don't see why you would have to move 60-70 miles away unless the need was just about dire. More than anything, are you looking to move out of the small-town atmosphere, or is it just because of the dogs? Cause if it's just the dogs, move to the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee