Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2006, 11:44 AM

35 posts, read 168,135 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family and I are looking to relocate to Murfreesboro in the next 2 years and I was wondering if anyone could give me any information. We have to children that will be 10 and 6 when we move and we are planning to have a 1 year old also. I have heard good things about these schools but I also want to know about the people and the community. How is the job market? Also is the crime rate high? We live about 30 miles north of San Diego now and I know it will be a big change for the family but I hope a good one. Please give me any info good or bad you can about this area. Thanks, Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 06:18 PM

13 posts, read 40,032 times
Gee whiz...I only posted asking some of these same questions a couple of days ago, but it got bumped because nobody answered. I guess I'm just a thread killer.

Doesn't anyone have any information?

Old 07-17-2006, 06:44 PM

130 posts, read 567,410 times
Sorry, can't help with that area. Never been, no plans on being there any time soon.

Joe

Old 07-18-2006, 06:27 PM

176 posts, read 801,321 times
Default Murfreesboro is a nice area

fairly close to Nashville. It is currently undergoing an enormous (and I MEAN enormous!) housing boom. Traffic is becoming a bit of a problem however they are expanding the roads. Shopping and services there are excellent. I go through it every so often but I can't comment on things like schools, crime, etc. There are quite a few families with younger children relocating to Murfreesboro so a family such as yours would probably find it to be a good fit for your needs.

In TN you can usually count on Chambers of Commerce as well as real estate agents to send you information on their communities.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM

35 posts, read 168,135 times
Thanks so much for you help. Does anyone who lives in Murfreesboro have any info? Kim

Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 AM

225 posts, read 1,145,560 times
Hi Joey and Kim,
I just posted a pretty long response on another thread you can read. Please feel free to check out my website removed for lots of information on Murfreesboro. I am a native middle Tennessean but we moved to Murfreesboro about 10 years ago. It has been a GREAT move for my family. My son is now 19 and attending MTSU. He picked a major that would allow him to remain in Murfreesboro because he says he will NOT move. He loves Murfreesboro that much! This is a great community to raise children ~ schools here are excellent. My two youngest daughters just blew the charts on their TCAP scores for 2nd and 3rd grade. I would be happy to talk with you privately or communicate with you through email with any questions you have about Murfreesboro. Thanks!!

Last edited by Yac; 07-27-2006 at 01:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville