Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,274,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Cr@p! I love my WOMC...
Do it manually. Go to the liquor store and buy something new every month.

;-)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,124 times
Angry Checking everyone's ID when purchasing alcohol

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Tennessee and found it very annoying that everyone must show identification prior to buying alcohol whether in a store or restaurant.

What's up with this? One of the perks of being a senior citizen is that you are responsible for your actions because you are no longer a child. After dragging my purse around all day seeing sights I told my husband that I was leaving my purse in the hotel room while we went out to eat. I was refused service when I ordered a beer because I did not have my driver's license with me.

I would like to know when this law when into effect and how the law reads.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 PM

375 posts, read 1,101,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritasue View Post
My husband and I just returned from a trip to Tennessee and found it very annoying that everyone must show identification prior to buying alcohol whether in a store or restaurant.

What's up with this? One of the perks of being a senior citizen is that you are responsible for your actions because you are no longer a child. After dragging my purse around all day seeing sights I told my husband that I was leaving my purse in the hotel room while we went out to eat. I was refused service when I ordered a beer because I did not have my driver's license with me.

I would like to know when this law when into effect and how the law reads.

Tennessee Responsible Vendors Act. Went into effect July 1, 2007. It's only supposed to apply to beer sold for off-premises consumption but most sellers seem to have decided that the best way to stay out of trouble is to demand an ID from everyone for anything alcoholic. They've had the right to require ID from anyone on a discretionary basis for years.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,511 times
I'm coming fo a job interview in Morristown. I am not an alcoholic by any means but if you want to get an alcoholic beverage, are there restaurants or bars you can get served at?

Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,379,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Schumacher View Post
I'm coming fo a job interview in Morristown. I am not an alcoholic by any means but if you want to get an alcoholic beverage, are there restaurants or bars you can get served at?
Not in Morristown, it is dry. I do think you can get beer at the Sagebrush steak house there, but can't be sure. For the most part however, just about every restaurant in Mo'town does not serve alcohol.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 PM

458 posts, read 1,275,717 times
Exclamation When in Sevier County...

Don't forget Election Day -- coming up in November. You can't buy alcohol on Election Day either!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM

37,829 posts, read 41,169,632 times
Awwww, qwitcherwhinin'. I found this interesting website with some unusual laws about alcohol like:

1. Running a tab in Iowa is illegal.

2. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a recipe for making beer that can be used at home.

3. If you are intoxicated but not driving your car, but the person who is driving your car is intoxicated, both you and the driver can be charged with DUI in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

4. In North Dakota, you can't serve beer and pretzels at the same time.

5. Ohio prohibits getting a fish drunk.

6. Drunk drivers in San Salvador can be put to death by firing squad.

7. In Fairbanks, Alaska it's illegal to give a moose any alcoholic beverage.

8. In Nebraska, a bar can't sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.

9. You can go to jail in Kentucky for 5 years, if you send someone a gift of beer, wine or spirits.

10. In Missouri, you can be charged with illegal possession of alcohol if you are under 21 and are taking out the trash with a single empty alcohol beverage container.

There's more here:

It's The Law!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,852,446 times
What I find most interesting about Tennessee alcohol sales: You can't buy hard liquor and take it home to get drunk. You have to sit in a bar and/or restaurant, get all lickerd up, then drive home drunk as a skunk. Smart, that. Run over a bunch of people walking into church, perhaps...

We were carded in a restaurant in Chicago and got a kick out of it. When asked we were told that they carded everyone. Trust me, I definitely look over 21!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,379,899 times
Well seeing as I give my moose a beer a week, I am glad I don't live in fairbanks.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 PM

13,379 posts, read 40,156,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
3. If you are intoxicated but not driving your car, but the person who is driving your car is intoxicated, both you and the driver can be charged with DUI in Virginia Beach, Virginia.[/url]
I think that might be the law in Knoxville, too. Or at least that's what one of my students claimed as her excuse for missing a test last week! She said she spent the night in jail, but of course it wasn't her fault because she wasn't actually driving the car. And then she had the nerve to ask me to give her a make-up test because it wasn't her fault that she was in jail the day of the test. sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee