Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 41,151 times

Advertisements

State Farm raised up our home insurance so much so we have to shop for a new insurer. So far Sawgrass mututal insurance company has the best quote, but we never heard about this company, does any one have any idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
I've never heard of them, probably because they're headquartered in Davie, FL. They are A-Rated by Demotech which is good: details here --> Demotech, Inc. Company Profile - SAWGRASS MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY.

I would be concerned with their knowledge of our geographic area here on the west coast of Florida; and that you are getting the coverage that you really need. Are you comparing identical coverage on the different quotes or just looking at the cost? Do they have branch offices in our area and/or local agents?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM

3 posts, read 41,151 times
Yes, they have local agents and have the best quote. but the company just start from 2009, this is the most concern I have.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:39 AM

1 posts, read 18,422 times
Default waste of time

We recently had Sawgrass Mutual for our home. We went with the company that offered the uber-low policy. After we were on board, they constantly contacted us trying to sell us additional insurance.

When we didn't bite, they cancelled our policy. Since we paid upfront, we are waiting to receive our refund in the mail.

Hopefully, there are no issues with that!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 17,968 times
One must remember that financial stability is utmost important to a company's business model. Sawgrass Mutual Financial shows they have assets of around $10, million. Which may mean, if a hurricane hits Davie (big multimillion dollar homes in certain areas). The company can pay damages to first few homes till their assets exist, then go bankrupt. Right??? Cheap premium means, cheap services and unpaid claims also in case of a major hurricane or damage. Secondly they are around for only 2 year, and have recently changed their bylaws which now make it impossible for any policyholder to hire a Florida Licensed Public Adjuster in processing a dispute and claim. Get the bigger picture, you have a claim against them, without recourse to get professional help. so who will help???. I was looking for changing our insurance during to premium hike, and my agent told me go for Sawgrass mutual. However after searching the company, reading reviews and their years of business experience, will not choose Sawgrass atall. All buyers must rely on their own research before purchasing insurance, specially when the company is so young, have assets of only few million dollars, and restrict policy owners to not get professional help in case of a claim.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 PM

3 posts, read 19,975 times
After they wrote a letter to their policyholders indicating they were banning the use of a public adjuster, and then made it seem like they were protecting them from PAs, I would not be able to recommend them to a potential policyholder. However, I do not have personal experience with their claim department.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 15,040 times
Default SawGrass Mutual Customer Relations

I will not purchase insurance from this company. Closed on a house with an approved binder from SawGrass Mutual. Within 10 days of closing they cancelled my policy based what ultimately resulted from non-factual information. Although it was reinstated due the diligent effort of my broker, they still sent me a Notice of Cancellation. I was shocked - this company did not consider a need to call me (the customer) as a part of their business process. Nor did they request more information, etc. I cancelled my policy and hopefully my premium will be refunded with the same sense of urgency.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM

141 posts, read 453,534 times
DO NOT!!! Go with sawgrass. They will give you a great rate but do not expect them to fulfill your claim. This company is terrible, and I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. I am paying double what my rate was but at least I now have a peace of mind.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 12,661 times
AVOID THESE SCAMMERS. The will quote you the best rate and then try to upsell you. Then the will cancel your policy for some bogus made up reason. They cancelled our pocily because the said they believed our dog was part German Shepard. We got him at a shelter and he looks nothing like a Shepard. They have cancelled friend of ours also on bogus claims of not reporting a swing set, which they did. I have connacted our states insurance comminssoner to have the scammers shut down.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 AM

26 posts, read 94,188 times
I have been without a hot water heater since the hot water pipe burst 4 weeks ago
the plumber they sent cut all our pipes and capped them
now they are giving us a hard time.
be very aware of Sawgrass mutual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: