Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:42 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Air quality in tampa:
AIRNow - Tampa, FL Air Quality

Air quality in our current city:
AIRNow - Rochester, NY Air Quality

So yes. there is.
Actually no there is not.
You can't pick one day out of the year when the pollen count may be a little higher in one area to compare city or county air quality.
How about comparing unhealthy air days for a whole year?
This is from the site you posted.

Monroe Cty is where Rochester is, is it not.
Hillsborough Cty is where Tampa is.
Looks like Tampa is healthier in air quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
"Statistics" are to give people a general IDEA as to what to expect in an area. Truth be told, unless one lives "anywhere" they will not know the effects it will have on their own health. Don't forget some ppl are born with Asthma, some smoke, some have diabetes etc etc etc, so it really IS a personal issue. People on this board are allowed to express that because people looking to relocate need to be aware of what certain people experience here and take that into account regardless of the fact that it may or may not affect them directly.

I am not looking forward to see dog pee in snow up north......but I know it's there and we will deal with it at that time, it's good when we know things (big or small) ahead of time...same thing here, as I said before, we lived in SoFla, and Orlando and did not experience this kind of issues there. Same can happen to a lot of ppl. I think it is better to know than not to know.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Surely you can go to any state/city/town in the U.S. and find people who would rather be someplace else. I agree, it does depend on where you came from that makes a difference in happiness with relocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I talk to a lot of people on a daily basis who really love it here. I also talk to a lot of people who can't wait to leave. I think it really depends on where you lived before moving here and what you left behind by moving here. This is definatly a improvement for a lot of people but it can also be a big dissapointment for others.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Actually no there is not.
You can't pick one day out of the year when the pollen count may be a little higher in one area to compare city or county air quality.
How about comparing unhealthy air days for a whole year?
This is from the site you posted.

Monroe Cty is where Rochester is, is it not.
Hillsborough Cty is where Tampa is.
Looks like Tampa is healthier in air quality.

Actually No:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM

113 posts, read 279,303 times
Oh my God the same people on here are still complaining about how much they hate Tampa, that was like 4 months ago why dont you just move if you hate it.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 692 times
I moved to nc 10 months ago. I have been sick with one thing or another for 8 months, no exaggeration. I cant wait to move back home!!

Old 05-20-2017, 06:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Do you think your maladies are allergy related?=
https://www.floridamedicalclinic.com...es-in-florida/

Old 05-22-2017, 06:34 AM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
might be all the tourists from up north. Dec is when they start coming down, if many are sick, it can spread like a virus.

Happens every year.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:30 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
might be all the tourists from up north. Dec is when they start coming down, if many are sick, it can spread like a virus.

Happens every year.
We moved back to Michigan last month after living in Clearwater for over 7 years and I feel better than I ever had since moving to Florida. My allergies are much better because in Florida something is blooming all the time unlike Michigan. We could not take the heat anymore you can dress for the cold but. not the heat. Today it's in the high 60's in Macomb county today and sunny just beautiful. And when we go swimming in our lakes the fish don't bite you.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 300 times
11 years later after the original post it's now 2021, the same thing is happening to me here in a new home in new tampa, people lived in it for 2 years before I moved in. This home makes me sick every time I lay down this has been happening for 7 months now since the day I moved in. When I lay down or sleep anywhere else I never have a problem, only have a problem in this home. The home is super clean, spotless, floors steam cleaned, carpet steamed, hvac cleaned, drains capped, idk what the issue is. I choke, cough up clear mucus, my eyes are sore, my body is sore every time I wake up and I literally feel sick every morning. I go outside for an hour and all the symptoms go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay