Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times

Advertisements

hahahaha Kash what happened to you, your post sounded like something "I" would say LOLOL

here:
Landlords Raising Rents as Demand Outpaces Supply - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20110311/bs_bw/mar2011bw20110310878610 - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
This type of thing could only happen in Florida!!!! You never hear about mold in places that are up NORTH, EVER! It's because of the high humidity that sucks the life out of you here that caused it!

If only Florida would have better landlord laws this type of thing would never happen!! Unlike DC, Florida lets landlords do whatever they want, when they want without any accountability! I see this in every single neighborhood in Florida, including my gated community!! I bet these landlords are the same one's who make me mad at stop signs!!!!!

In Europe and DC, landlords are held to a higher level and actually respect people. Next thing you know, the landlords in Florida are going to start charging as much as they can for rent to payback their investments!! JUST RIDICULOUS! ONLY IN FLORIDA DO PEOPLE WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT!! Greedy Americans!!!

lol... sorry couldn't help myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
hahahaha Kash what happened to you, your post sounded like something "I" would say LOLOL

here:
Landlords Raising Rents as Demand Outpaces Supply - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20110311/bs_bw/mar2011bw20110310878610 - broken link)
I thought you hacked their account and posted that

I will say mold is a huge problem in the north, it is not caused by humidity, but by flooding basements, or snow sitting in places up against the house or on the roof for seemingly months at a time. November through April in NY are very wet months where people fear leaks and floods in their houses, followed by a spring and summer where people are worried about mold. I am not going to compare reasons in FL to NY, as mold is prevelant in the south as well, and i'll agree more so, but mold definately exists in the north east!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Arent you glad you don't live here any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Tampa is number 2 for the most sick place in america..

America's 20 Sickest Cities, From Miami to New York - The Daily Beast

Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I am not trying to "deter" people from moving here!? where did you get that from...no, on the contrary, just like if I am looking to move somewhere I want to know everything, both good and bad, same applies here...and guess what, what might be bad for you, might be great for me and viceversa.......everyone is free to move wherever they want, but I am not going to paint this city or any other in Pink only! get used to it.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
I am not trying to "deter" people from moving here!? where did you get that from...no, on the contrary, just like if I am looking to move somewhere I want to know everything, both good and bad, same applies here...and guess what, what might be bad for you, might be great for me and viceversa.......everyone is free to move wherever they want, but I am not going to paint this city or any other in Pink only! get used to it.
Its good to express your views when they aren't blatant lies.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
I talk to a lot of people on a daily basis who really love it here. I also talk to a lot of people who can't wait to leave. I think it really depends on where you lived before moving here and what you left behind by moving here. This is definatly a improvement for a lot of people but it can also be a big dissapointment for others.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
There really is something special about the air up there where you are now.

Air quality in tampa:
AIRNow - Tampa, FL Air Quality

Air quality in our current city:
AIRNow - Rochester, NY Air Quality

So yes. there is.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
The majority of the population is really not 80 years old!

Tampa Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19% is 65 and over.

Majority is between 35 and 54 years old! NOT OLD.
Florida has the highest percentage of population over 85 of any state
Florida has the highest percentage of population over 65 of any state
Florida has the 2 highest median age of all the states.

You say Tampa has 19% over 65 and the U.S. as a whole is 12.9% over 65. If you can't see the difference there then you are just ignorant of the facts. And an older population will by nature get sick a little more and not be quite as healthy.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 AM

And one more from someone who has arthritis. Cold moist weather is the worst for arthritis for me.
The warmer the better and humidity does not affect mine.
If you read the beginning of the second article you posted it pretty much said doctors could not come to a consensus on the matter.
Weather is going to affect those with arthritis differently.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Really because last year/parts of this year unusually cold weather killed off many animals, and crops.

The everglades is also in danger because of the global climate change...
So no its not the same.

http://www.miamidade.gov/derm/librar...nd_florida.pdf
Local News: West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Martin & St. Lucie Counties | The Palm Beach Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/state/epaper/2009/03/28/0328climate.html - broken link)

Oh and Spring Hill yes Im glad I dont live in one of the sickest cities of america. My child has been able to breath better and has not gotten sick since moving.
Yes, the climate changes. Always has, always will and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.
Yes, people might want to cut back on their fossil fuel use but climate change will still happen because the minuscule affect that humans have on the climate will not affect much.

And you believing that the article you posted from the daily beast really means anything just shows your thinking process.

I am sure Tampa made your daughter sick. (sarcasm included at no extra charge)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay