Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM

102 posts, read 423,216 times

Advertisements

I moved to Miami from Tampa in 2006. I have strong opinions (both pro and con) about both.
What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM

44 posts, read 114,073 times
Can you tell me your pros and cons of Tampa?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM

403 posts, read 1,581,111 times
Miami-
lots of immigrants
higher home prices
lots of low and high income people, but not a lot of middle class people there
lots of road rage
partying town

Tampa-
has immigrants, but not to the extent of Miami, immigrants probably make up 5-10% of Tampa compared to 70% in Miami
lower home prices
more of a middle class city
drivers are speedy in Tampa
more of a family oriented type of atmosphere

I like Tampa better than Miami, Tampa to me is cleaner, has less people and is less expensive. I think that you should have stayed in Tampa, but it's your choice.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM

102 posts, read 423,216 times
Miami moves much faster than Tampa and has more lights. I know it's a weird observation, but I remember visiting my family in Tampa over the holidays and thinking "it's so dark... where is the orange glow in the night sky?"
I think Tampa is prettier. More trees, beautiful bay views, parks, lakes, etc... Miami is very concrete. The lights on the skyline are nice at night, but during the day not so much.
I like Tampa for restaurants. They have a much more homegrown "good eating" culture, IMO. Every time I visit, there's a new bar, sandwich shop or bistro type place. Miami has a lot of good food, don't get me wrong, but I think there's more of a combination of creativity and affordability in Tampa.
Miami is much more unique than Tampa. The plethora of ethnic enclaves is Miami's present and future, whereas for now, it is Tampa's past.
Miami has colors, Tampa has bricks. I like both.
Miami is truly Florida's big city. Government centers, American Airlines hub, largest mass transit in the state, worldwide name recognition, TV shows, movies... Tampa got excited for the Predator movie... Woohoo!
I do think the people of Tampa are nicer and are there because they want to be there. Miami on the other hand is a transitory city where it seems like everyone is there because they're making a stop between where they're from and where they're going.

Those are some of my observations...

Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
I LOVE to visit Miami.....and always ask myself if I could live there. Not sure 'bout that.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 5,997 times
N E one lived in Charlotte, NC now living in Miami, FL?
Which do you like living in more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay