Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 01:52 AM

10 posts, read 14,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paul View Post
I'm guessing you want a Beach town that is not just basically set up for snowbirds and tourists. I'd check out the east coast for that. Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach still have that small town Beach/fishing/surfing vibe but its growing fast. Cocoa Beach is super touristy, but South Cocoa Beach has its cool spots. Flagler Beach is small, maybe too small, but it has the vibe.
The trendy pick right now is New Smyrna Beach. I find Sebastian a small hidden jem most people overlook.
Ormond Beach is nice but its a bit too close to Daytona Beach, and you want to avoid that.
The panhandle I find very snowbird centric, and the west coast has its beachy vibes places but are more snowbird/2nd houses types of places. Beautiful but expensive.
They are all so different though, you'll have to go visit them and see for yourself. You'll know it when you see it if it'll work for you or not.
Good luck on the hunt.
I'm not. I'm planning on moving, not snow birding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 03:00 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Pinellas county is a great place for boating of all kinds. Boats on trailers are very inexpensive to own. At various times we have owned 3 sailboats and 2 motorboats.

For an inexpensive vacation we used to go camping in the Great Smokey mountains, NC and Tn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay