Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 AM

18 posts, read 69,653 times

Advertisements

We have been in our new home about one week. My dh started watering the lawn yesterday and today we have a LOT of sediment in our water (drinking water). It's clogging the sprinkler and when we run the water in the sink it leaves a lot of grit/sand/slim stuff in the sink. Is this normal?? DH said that's how well water is. We have a young child and an elderly person here. I don't want them getting ill. Is well water supposed to be like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,654,320 times
If it is so much sediment that it is clogging up then you most probably have a broken water line underground.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,092,226 times
We do not have that problem at all with our well water. It is very hard water, and we have a softener installed on ours which helps. I'd maybe call a well company and have them take a look.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:54 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
I agree that is not normal for well water.. you may have a defective well screen/filter. I assume you are using the well for water in your house too. Is it a new well?

Do you have paperwork on the pump? Can you contact the previous owner to find out? If they sold you the house knowing the pump was malfunctioning then they will have to pay for the repair, unless you bought 'as is'

Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 PM

18 posts, read 69,653 times
This is a brand new house... well too. We had called the builder # as they cover many things for the first year. We called the emergency number as now our toilets are getting clogged by sand looking stuff (the tank) and DH has had to blow out the lines a few times so we can flush our toilets. yep.... it's the water we use for our house. I've been using bottled water for food stuff. But I have laundry that needs doing, etc. We called the builder emergency # twice now and have had the same response... that they are putting in a work order for it and they will get back to us. We still have not heard back from them. Hum.... We were told previously that if we had an emergency with plumbing/heating/AC and other such big things someone would come out right away. I guess their definition of "right away" ("even on weekends") is different from ours. At any rate.... thanks for the info. I guess now we just cope and keep on phoning until they take us seriously. If it causes any damage to anything they will have to cover the expense to fix. If we have to wait too long we may ask them to cover hotel expense until they can get their act together.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:46 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
You might call the emergency number and ask who to send the bill to for the hotel because you have small children and your elderly senior needs to have water available.. .
Ask for their name and their supervisor name too. That sometimes gets them on the right path.

Let us know what happens.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 22,737 times
Any time you are on a well it is a really good idea to have a Whole House Water Filter. At the very least you should have a sediment filter that will catch all the grit and sand that might get past the pump screen.

A n be installed downstream from the sediment filter is that is a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay