Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me anything about Harbor Towne in Lutz (Tampa)? It looks like a very nice community.
Are there many home for sale in this community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,469,061 times
I'm going to move your thread to the Tampa forum so you can get some feedback from folks who live there.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,606,138 times
Are you referring to Heritage Harbor? Their clubhouse is called Harbor Towne. If yes, I know people who live there and love it. The golfers seem to really enjoy the aqua range. The resort style community was one of several built by Lennar/US Homes that have been well received at this price point (They also built Heritage Isles in New Tampa and Heritage Pines in Hudson. (what's up with the Heritage name? ha!)). Today, there are 40 single family homes on the retail market in Heritage Harbor priced from $225K - $940K.

The DOT are also working on a new ramp to the Suncoast Parkway which will really help the commuters.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Sorry for the misstake. You have been a great help,. Do you know how many homes there are in that community? 40 for sale seems a lot, but I know depends how many there are.
I saw pictures of the community and it seems to be a very nice community.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Default Around 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sorry for the misstake. You have been a great help,. Do you know how many homes there are in that community? 40 for sale seems a lot, but I know depends how many there are.
I just did a search from the county records and got 670. I also Google'd Heritage Harbor Tampa and found a dot com you might want to view as well. I think they have a great pool, but you won't find me on that slide! Last summer, I attended a couple of meetings at the clubhouse and I've also eaten at the restaurant which had pretty good food as well..

Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 PM

95 posts, read 83,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Be sure to check out CDD fees! Nice crime free community though. Lots of homes for sale and even more that were taken off the market there.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:46 PM

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1000 View Post
Be sure to check out CDD fees! Nice crime free community though. Lots of homes for sale and even more that were taken off the market there.
I don't live there (I'm about 7 miles south), but according to the MLS database presently, there is one contract pending, and in the past three months, there were 3 sales, 7 withdrawals (one of them due to a lease) and no expired listings. Having 40 active listings in a neighborhood of 670 properties, that's less than 10% which doesn't look so bad IMO.

What am I missing?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you so much.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM

384 posts, read 2,222,230 times
does anyone know if there are a lot of children that live in Heritage Harbor? My husband and I are thinking about moving there but we have 2 small boys and I am not sure if this is a good community for them.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 PM

29 posts, read 122,884 times
I live in Heritage Harbor and I can tell you firsthand that it is a child-friendly family community, although there are no age restrictions. It consists of predominantly young families and it is a very safe neighborhood. I have three children ranging in ages from 7-12 years old and we love living here. Our home has a pool but my children love going to the community pool because of the "cool slide" and all the other children they meet there. My children also have friends that live in the neighboring communities of Cheval(upscale) and Villarosa(no community pool) who love to visit at our home because of all the fun things to do here. We have tennis courts, volleyball and basketball courts, there is also a tot lot, small hockey rink, clubhouse, restaurant and small gym and golf course. We pay $110 a month for our HOA fee and we feel it is inexpensive for everything you have access to. Our HOA fee is also less expensive than other planned communities. About once a month there is an organized community event, such as concerts at the pool, community garage sales, Easter egg hunts, Breakfast with Santa, Holiday parties at the pool with live bands and barbecue for 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc. Our clubhouse also has an onsite afterschool program called SRK camp and during the summer they have full-day and half-day camps. Residents have priority enrollment and it is very convenient for working parents to have an afterschool/camp program located so close to home.
Our schools are A+ schools and consistently rank in the top ten of Hillsborough County Schools. Our elementary school McKitrick ranks in the top 7 and the middle school ranks in the top 3 middle schools for Hillsborough County. Currently there is a new high school being built which is slated to open for the 2009 school year. I believe it will be named Steinbrenner High School(for George Steinbrenner of the NY Yankees), which I am sure will be in the top 3 high schools for Hillsborough County. There is a lot of money being pumped into that school so I am sure it will be exceptional. I read a post which stated Pasco county schools were better than Hillsborough county and that is utterly ridiculous. Check out Greatschools.net for the statistics.
As far as the commute, we are only a few minutes from the Veterans Expressway which takes you downtown and there is currently construction underway for another entrance ramp right on Lutz Lake Fern road near the new high school.
There are many good deals right now in Heritage Harbor and the neighboring communites of Villarosa and Cheval, so you should have no trouble finding exactly what you want. I think you and your children will enjoy living in this area.

Good luck to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay