Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,142 times

Advertisements

There is very little info I have been able to find for independent reviews of carpet companies in the Tampa area. We are looking to re carpet our home and looking for unbiased reviews and recommendations. Who did you use? Happy with them? Who should we avoid? ANY info on companies or even types of carpet you purchased would be very helpful. Thank you in advance for your insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,240,342 times
I could also use this info as we will be looking to re carpet a home were purchasing soon.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times
I bought materials from Bob's Carpet Mart. They dropped the ball on several occasions and were very unprofessional and I will never buy anything from there again.

Almost all flooring companies use subcontractors to install the flooring, very few, if any ever have employees do the installs.

I grew up in the flooring business. My experience has been that the smaller mom and pop carpet places that have been in business for over 10 years will take good care of you.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,810,346 times
We've got the guy from the craigslist and it was horrible! After receiving a downpayment the whole process was delayed by months and the quality of job he did was very questionable. That guy was working as a contractor to bigger flooring company.
Next time I will be in need of carpet, I will drive to new constriction home site and talk to people working their. Seriously.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:27 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,588,093 times
Angies List is worth the small investment when u move to a new location. You will make it back on your first job you choose with all her discounts and specials.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:13 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,827,984 times
While it's not carpet, I just had new flooring put down last week. The place where we bought it didn't do installation but they had business cards for several installers. The salesman told me he wasn't supposed to make any recommendations, but told me if he was getting flooring installed in his own home he'd use this one particular installer. So we gave the guy a call and he was great. He came out, measured everything up and gave me a very reasonable price. We went back to the store the next day to actually purchase the flooring, and the installer would pick it up when he came to do the job. I had a question about how many trim pieces we needed so I gave him a call. He offered to come over and just meet us at the store. We had settled on what flooring we were going to buy, but they had some new stuff since the last time we were there and my wife was considering changing it. He took the time to share his knowledge/experience regarding the different ones we were considering. We ended up sticking with our original choice, but it was nice to get a little education about it.

Sometimes you get lucky and find quality professionals.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,240,342 times
can you share his info?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:46 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times
I would private message HWTechGuy for that flooring installers contact info. Trust Me - good flooring installers are far and few between.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,827,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I would private message HWTechGuy for that flooring installers contact info. Trust Me - good flooring installers are far and few between.
I'll send him a PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: