Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:53 PM

877 posts, read 1,915,033 times

Advertisements

Stewie, our biggest dog, has been gulping down water and peeing in our dining room and master bedroom closet. We think he's diabetic (we'll get the diagnosis later this week).

Once we get him stabilized we need to fix the damage he did to the house. We're just going to put in some laminate or some other cheap flooring in the master bedroom closet but I need to get the dining room carpet matched and replaced.

We have a decent sized patch to take around to professional and have them match it. The area is about 4 feet by 5 feet.

Can anyone recommend a good local store? We don't know the brand of carpet or the color but I know I was able to have this done in NC by going to a independent carpet store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 03:10 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
Stewie, our biggest dog, has been gulping down water and peeing in our dining room and master bedroom closet. We think he's diabetic (we'll get the diagnosis later this week).

Once we get him stabilized we need to fix the damage he did to the house. We're just going to put in some laminate or some other cheap flooring in the master bedroom closet but I need to get the dining room carpet matched and replaced.

We have a decent sized patch to take around to professional and have them match it. The area is about 4 feet by 5 feet.

Can anyone recommend a good local store? We don't know the brand of carpet or the color but I know I was able to have this done in NC by going to a independent carpet store.
That sounds like a great place for some lovely porcelain tile or hardwood. I would like to never again have carpet in my home. Unfortunately, my dollars have other places to go at this time. I hope you enjoy whatever you end up with. Most of all, best wishes for Stewie!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM

30,463 posts, read 21,316,648 times
Just as well forget trying to match new carpet with old, it will never look the same. Just replace the whole roon and leave the dog outside.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:31 PM

877 posts, read 1,915,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Just as well forget trying to match new carpet with old, it will never look the same. Just replace the whole roon and leave the dog outside.
It's a small section behind our dining room table, it would be hard to see so I'm not horribly worried if it is not a 100% match.

The dog is seven years old and has never been a problem until now. I'm not leaving him outside in 100+ heat because he's sick.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:53 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,900,286 times
Good for you!! When our pets get old and develop issues is when we as responsible owners , do whatever has to be done for them so that they are comfortable.
We recently had to change the carpeting in two bedrooms due to a similar problem and found Yagger, a huge store in the north part of Tampa Bay area, which gave us a very good price and excellent service. It was way better than any of the big stores prices. Send me a private message if you want the tel #.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
It's a small section behind our dining room table, it would be hard to see so I'm not horribly worried if it is not a 100% match.

The dog is seven years old and has never been a problem until now. I'm not leaving him outside in 100+ heat because he's sick.
Well then do whatever you like.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,763,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

That's a horrible idea.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 AM

I just don't have pets so what can i say.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,763,039 times
Nothing would have been your best bet. Leaving an animal out in this kind of weather is a death wish being that old.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Nothing would have been your best bet. Leaving an animal out in this kind of weather is a death wish being that old.
Then don't have a pet or carpet and that will end that story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay