Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 AM

10 posts, read 20,097 times

Advertisements

I am just wanting a fresh start. I thought Fl. would be a great place considering all of the things to do for children..yeah!

But I would like to know what you locals feel about the area. I have two small children so are the schools alright?

What about the jobs? Are there lots of jobs? I am very versatile and can do a lot. I did do some admin work and almost done with my business degree.

Any suggestions? I was looking into homes in Spring hill due to the price. I notice people don't like to drive but since I have lived in Ct and CA...I know people drive up to 2hrs to work...I am not trying to drive that far but I can drive 40 almost an hour if it is really worth it.

I am hearing bad things about crime and it not being a good place to raise children...and I am hearing this from people from rental properties....

Can someone help? Tell me how is it out there? I love the fact that Disneyworld is nearby....but I don't want to go to a place that will be a bad environment for my kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,668,131 times
In Spring Hill you have some good schools and some not so good schools so you just need to see what schools you would be zoned for.

There are some not so nice areas in Hernando County but crime is not a big issue here.

If you did need to go to Tampa for work you will be looking at about 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes commute dependent upon what part of Tampa.

There is some work in Spring Hill but it is not abundant.

As far as raising children, I have been very happy with the environment for raising my children and all their friends are raised right and have respect for others. Of course I have run into some that are just the opposite but that is everywhere.

You will need to be driving a bit to get the kids to all the activities since we are a bit spread out but if you look in some of the master planned communities you will have a clubhouse, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc.

I do the whole soccer, baseball thing in addition to activities with school so I am driving quite a bit every week. During the summer many kids just get a pass to Weeki Wachee Springs and hang out at the water park there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay