Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 24,569 times

Advertisements

Which is a better place for a vacation with the family in September...Pass a grille or clearwater?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 PM

554 posts, read 978,215 times
Totally different experiences. Pass A Grille is pretty quiet and laid back. Clearwater is the hotel / condo happening beach area. Both areas are very nice but Clear water is your typical vacation town. Pass a Grill is more residential. Also, there is a 20 mile strip of beach between the 2.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 PM

323 posts, read 685,862 times
If it were me, taking a younger family - I'd choose Pass A Grille. Actually, I think I'd choose Pass A Grille either anyway because I really don't care for Clearwater Beach. If you're open to other suggestions, St Pete Beach is good for families also, a little busier and more touristy than Pass A Grille, but not as ridiculous as Clearwater Beach. CW beach is not a laid-back Florida beach, it's super-busy and super-crowded. Plus, if you're further south, you can be within a shorter driver to Ft DeSoto and Egemont Key. Both of which trump Honeymoon island IMO. I can't speak for Caledesi, because I've never been.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,209,350 times
Do you have teens? Then go to Clearwater where the crowd is. Since you are a tourist you should be where the tourists are with area amenities.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:49 PM

5,033 posts, read 7,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Do you have teens? Then go to Clearwater where the crowd is. Since you are a tourist you should be where the tourists are with area amenities.
I agree though I'm not a fan of Clearwater Beach. From a tourist's perspective, CB would be better.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM

30 posts, read 38,015 times
Thanks everyone! We don't have teens, just a toddler. Also not a big fan of high rises and touristy stuff. Sounds like PAG might be more our syle. Anything interesting around there? How far from old northeast. The reason for the vacation is partially to scout out old ne as a place to move to.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 PM

554 posts, read 978,215 times
you would be about 20-30 min from downtown unless you hit rush hour or weekend beach traffic.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 AM

31 posts, read 43,103 times
ok, I'll weigh in as a PAG person who is downtown or to old NE frequently for this and that - I usually figure 20 min, including finding a parking space - except when the Bayway construction project is doing a cement pour and is shut down eastbound (this will be on weekdays) - then you will get a good tour of St Pete and/or Gulfport. As others said - definitely visit Ft DeSoto - Gulfport has its farmers/artists market on Tuesdays - and then there is hanging at the Grille
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay