Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,797,441 times

Advertisements

Just heard about these Alert Drops and thought I'd share for some who want some quick energy and do not want those energy drinks and lots of caffeine, or to help stay awake behind the wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Alert-Drops-I...ustomerReviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 04:28 AM

282 posts, read 233,548 times
They're 60% citric acid. That's enough to burn the enamel off your teeth if you use it every day, and cause mouth ulcers.

I think I'll stick with my one morning cup of coffee, and plenty of sleep the night before.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:28 AM

Yes it is from lemons and no one is saying to drink it down every day. A spray now and then when one needs a lift can't hurt. I'm not buying this but sure don't buy into those energy drinks that have people so hyped up.. I use lemons in a lot.

And I drink 1 cup coffee in the morning and was NEVER one to buy those fancy $5-6 coffee drinks...but that is a big big business.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:39 PM

282 posts, read 233,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes it is from lemons and no one is saying to drink it down every day. A spray now and then when one needs a lift can't hurt. I'm not buying this but sure don't buy into those energy drinks that have people so hyped up.. I use lemons in a lot.

And I drink 1 cup coffee in the morning and was NEVER one to buy those fancy $5-6 coffee drinks...but that is a big big business.
Even if you use it sometimes it can cause mouth ulcers and strip enamel from teeth. I'm talking about the product, not the lemons. Lemons only contain around 8%-10% citric acid. That's eight to ten percent. This spray contains 60% citric acid. That's sixty percent. A 60% citric acid solution can burn through your throat, if used every day. If used ONCE it can cause surface wounds, immediately, on contact.

If they only mean that they use a 60% solution, further diluted in something else, to equal no more than 10% citric acid total, then that's still enough to cause mouth ulcers if used every day, but not enough to burn skin on contact if used only once in awhile (except for people who have sensitivities to citric acid of course). But that's not what their advertisement says. It says the product is 60% citric acid. That is paint-stripping, metal-etching, skin-burning.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:20 PM

OK, drop it, forget it...do whatever. Just an FYI..not a debate.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:00 AM

23,380 posts, read 18,981,518 times
No way would I ever try this stuff based on the stated ingredients!! There are many better ways to get a "pick up" using ordinary healthy food.

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements