Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,961,107 times

Advertisements

No one ever warned you about the "niacin flush", huh?

I had to find out the hard way myself. I used to think it was good for you because dilating the blood vessels has to be a good thing, right? Turns out, it's only the very surface capillaries that dilate, hence the redness and itching. The larger blood vessels do not react at all.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,251,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Let's sort this out.

(snip)
Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA): average daily level of intake that is enough to meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all (97 - 98%) healthy people.
)snip) Niacin is also used as a drug to raise good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol. The doses needed to do this are much higher than the daily minimum. They are in the range of 1000 to 2000 mg per day. They are not "supplementary" doses but "therapeutic" doses.

Any questions, class?
Thanks for the lecture ....

but the fact is looming large that two major items present which suggest that the intent is wonderful, but the methodology doesn't necessarily give appropriate resulting numbers:

1) the disclaimer that the RDA's "meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all "HEALTHY PEOPLE".

This implies that the "one size fits all" approach is effective for folks who meet some sort of health standard. In my experience, "healthy people" don't meet any such uniformity. I live in an area where a lot of alternative medicine practices exist with significant success; if you visit with the ND's (many of whom practice with an affiliation to an MD, many internists), you'll find that their approach to health and wellness recognizes that each person is unique and individual. They have target guidelines for what constitutes good results, but how they get there varies widely from individual to individual as far as nutrional requirements and supplementation to achieve the health benefits.

2) Mountains of evidence that levels of intake set by them as acceptable don't necessarily result in good health; ie, look at the levels set of OK intake of trace items in the diet which are now being traced back to significant health issues for some (but not all) people.

The list of accepted intakes which is proving hazardous ranges from (to name but a couple, many more present) Aspartame, MSG, BPA (just the little bit in canned goods exposure or even drinking water containers), trace neurotoxins from pesticides/herbicides/, hormone residues in food production, and so forth. In my experience, the process by which the RDA's are set yields similar results as to what is acceptable for health ... it's a very flawed process with disputable results.

If you look at Linus Pauling's work on Vitamin C intake, or some of the recent studies done on D3 linking low levels to significant health problems (again, I'm citing but less than .0001% of the health issues around us today) .... the RDA's are so out of whack with good health for many people that it's not very applicable.

While 2,000 mg of Niacin is "therapeutic" for some people, I've seen much higher doses needed for others to achieve the desired effects. As I pointed out previously, the uptake to efficacious levels of every vitamin/mineral varies hugely from person to person.

Similarly, I see huge variances in the effectiveness of many prescription drugs among people where the homeopathic or natural counterpart works very well, is tolerated well, and has little (if any) side effects. As an example, consider Hawthorn vs many prescription blood pressure modifiers. Or Arnica in homepathic doses compared to other joint pain meds ...

I'm not a medical professional, but as an observer in my own family health issues and those of friends around me, I get to see the differences in how good health is sought and achieved. Some are not getting results from conventional medicine but are doing very well on alternatives; this includes various cancers in folk with a family history early mortality who abandoned the conventional poison/burn therapies and went to a hospital where alternative therapies are practiced.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,038,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Too bad you flunked your math ... 2500% is not "two thousand five hundred times the RDA", it's 25 times.

Nor does 100 mg = 1 gm; it's 0.1 gram. It takes 1,000 mg to equal 1 gram.

In any event, niaspan is a commonly presecribed med in doses up to slow-time released 2000 mg doses per day. Typically suggested to take the dose just before bedtime, used to control Triglycerides and Cholesterol levels in at-risk cardiac patients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Anyone taking high doses should be taking it under medical supervision - not merely a doctor's knowledge.

As previously stated by the person who corrected your math, 1,000mg is not high doses of Niacin. I also do not eat meat so I take supplements that I don't get from meat.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,038,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No one ever warned you about the "niacin flush", huh?

I had to find out the hard way myself. I used to think it was good for you because dilating the blood vessels has to be a good thing, right? Turns out, it's only the very surface capillaries that dilate, hence the redness and itching. The larger blood vessels do not react at all.

For some reason it gives me a rush like caffeine and I do enjoy it. I still itch a little (no redness) on (1) 500mg pill, but I can deal with it.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM

18,253 posts, read 16,961,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
For some reason it gives me a rush like caffeine and I do enjoy it. I still itch a little (no redness) on (1) 500mg pill, but I can deal with it.
It gets a little easier with time but it can still do a number on you in large doses.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 PM

37,170 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Thanks for the lecture ....

but the fact is looming large that two major items present which suggest that the intent is wonderful, but the methodology doesn't necessarily give appropriate resulting numbers:

1) the disclaimer that the RDA's "meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all "HEALTHY PEOPLE".

This implies that the "one size fits all" approach is effective for folks who meet some sort of health standard. In my experience, "healthy people" don't meet any such uniformity. I live in an area where a lot of alternative medicine practices exist with significant success; if you visit with the ND's (many of whom practice with an affiliation to an MD, many internists), you'll find that their approach to health and wellness recognizes that each person is unique and individual. They have target guidelines for what constitutes good results, but how they get there varies widely from individual to individual as far as nutrional requirements and supplementation to achieve the health benefits.
Recommended intakes are minimums below which symptoms of deficiency do not appear. Deficiency of niacin causes pellagra:

Medscape: Medscape Access

We are not talking about people with diseases that impair the absorption of niacin. We are talking about healthy people.

See here about calculating the recommended intake:

Dietary Reference Intake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note there is an upper limit of tolerability set for niacin. This is the number AnonChick was concerned about. For niacin, it is the number at which some people wil develop flushing. It is not a toxic level.

Recommended intakes are developed based on objective evidence. They are not just someone's best guess, and they are increased to provide a margin of error.

There are dietary sources of niacin for vegans:

Nutrient Information - Good Sources: Niacin

Some people may need larger doses:

"Sporadic cases of pellagra can be seen among patients with long-term alcoholism, food faddists, individuals dependent on illegal drugs, and patients with malabsorption states."

Normal, healthy people can get sufficient niacin from diet if they consume meat, eggs, dairy, poultry, and a variety of fruits and vegetables.

If you feel better taking a supplement, that's great. You do not need to take more than the recommended allowances unless you have an illness that makes it advisable. If you do, then have a physician help you determine how much you need.

Quote:
2) Mountains of evidence that levels of intake set by them as acceptable don't necessarily result in good health; ie, look at the levels set of OK intake of trace items in the diet which are now being traced back to significant health issues for some (but not all) people.

The list of accepted intakes which is proving hazardous ranges from (to name but a couple, many more present) Aspartame, MSG, BPA (just the little bit in canned goods exposure or even drinking water containers), trace neurotoxins from pesticides/herbicides/, hormone residues in food production, and so forth. In my experience, the process by which the RDA's are set yields similar results as to what is acceptable for health ... it's a very flawed process with disputable results.
Which trace items?

Aspartame, MSG and BPA are not nutrients, so there is no recommended intake at all.

Quote:
If you look at Linus Pauling's work on Vitamin C intake, or some of the recent studies done on D3 linking low levels to significant health problems (again, I'm citing but less than .0001% of the health issues around us today) .... the RDA's are so out of whack with good health for many people that it's not very applicable

Vitamin C is water soluble. There is a limit to how much can be absorbed at one time. Massive doses are excreted in the urine without doing anything helpful. Pauling's views on Vitamin C have been questioned:

The Dark Side of Linus Pauling's Legacy

From the Linus Pauling Institute:

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University and

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University

Note that the Institute's recommendation is lower than Dr. Pauling's but higher than the RDA for vitamin C, which is the level that prevents deficiency symptoms: the condition called scurvy. The article explains why they think more is a good idea. It also explains why there can be no recommendation for an ideal intake.

Vitamin D deficiency is to be avoided for many reasons. It is indeed more common than was previously thought, but the major reason is the difficulty many people have in getting enough sunlight exposure to make vitamin D in the skin. If such people do not eat foods fortified with vitamin D, they can become deficient. For this reason, many primary care doctors will monitor vitamin D blood levels. If a deficiency is diagnosed, treatment can include high doses of vitamin D. Someone who is not deficient does not need to take those doses.

Quote:
While 2,000 mg of Niacin is "therapeutic" for some people, I've seen much higher doses needed for others to achieve the desired effects. As I pointed out previously, the uptake to efficacious levels of every vitamin/mineral varies hugely from person to person.
How do you determine the dose for an individual and what effects do you mean?

Quote:
Similarly, I see huge variances in the effectiveness of many prescription drugs among people where the homeopathic or natural counterpart works very well, is tolerated well, and has little (if any) side effects. As an example, consider Hawthorn vs many prescription blood pressure modifiers. Or Arnica in homepathic doses compared to other joint pain meds ...
Anyone with high blood pressure considering alternative therapies needs to realize that uncontrolled hypertension causes damage to blood vessels and can result in heart disease, stroke and kidney failure. Hawthorn, from a product for which there is no oversight and no standardization of doses might not be a good idea.

The studies on arnica for joint pain are mixed. This study did not show that it worked any better than placebo in reducing pain after knee ligament surgery:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18251757

[/quote] I'm not a medical professional, but as an observer in my own family health issues and those of friends around me, I get to see the differences in how good health is sought and achieved. Some are not getting results from conventional medicine but are doing very well on alternatives; this includes various cancers in folk with a family history early mortality who abandoned the conventional poison/burn therapies and went to a hospital where alternative therapies are practiced.[/quote]

Anyone who abandons treatment for cancer in favor of "alternative therapies" runs the risk of having the same experience as Steve Jobs.

The recommended allowances for vitamins and minerals are the intakes that have been shown (sometimes by experiments on humans that would probably be considered unethical today) to prevent disease associated with deficiencies. Recommended allowances are not ideal intakes. There is no way to determine an ideal. Megadoses of some vitamins can have side effects and sometimes severe complications. They should not be chosen by someone who is just thinking of supplementing dietary intake.

Recommended intakes are not fixed in stone. They are updated as new information becomes available. It does not mean older numbers were wrong; they were based on the best available info at the time.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,881,176 times
to the original poster, i think after the events that took place after taking those pills. u should call your doctor immediately and explain the situation. ure body may not need to take so much and therefore it reacted the way it did. besides the seperate niacin, are u taking a muti vitamin? im asking because u may be getting more niacin intake with the multi.

sometimes if a multi vitamin has a little more niacin then others it can leave u a lil flushed but it goes away// your reaction was a bit more serious with your WHOLE body being red as a lobster. speak to a doctor.

good luck!!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,251,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
(blah blah blah blah, snip)

The recommended allowances for vitamins and minerals are the intakes that have been shown (sometimes by experiments on humans that would probably be considered unethical today) to prevent disease associated with deficiencies. Recommended allowances are not ideal intakes. There is no way to determine an ideal. Megadoses of some vitamins can have side effects and sometimes severe complications. They should not be chosen by someone who is just thinking of supplementing dietary intake.

Recommended intakes are not fixed in stone. They are updated as new information becomes available. It does not mean older numbers were wrong; they were based on the best available info at the time.
You're so in the tank for conventional medicine approaches that you obviously don't have a clue ...

I can cite from personal experience:

1) Hawthorn controls my trend in advancing old age increase in blood pressure. Historically, a 120/65 w 60 HR, it started to slowly gain a few points in pressure in my '60's. Prescribed Lisinopril 2.5 mg daily, my blood pressure dropped back to the historical range, but with massive side effects that were undesirable. Under my cardiologist's supervision, I stopped taking that stuff after the first 4 days and switched to Hawthorn supplementation. Monitoring my BP/HR several times per day, I verified the numbers.

2) Potassium w/Iodine brought my marginally hypothyroid numbers (T-3, 4) back into normal ranges. Prescribed Synthroid, which I took for a month, that didn't do as good a job as just taking the supplementation at much higher than RDA rates. Blood testing confirmed the results along with no side effects that I'd experienced with the prescription med.

3) 25 years ago, I started having symptoms of BPH. Was prescribed a med for that, which gave some relief, but again with some side effects that weren't pleasant. I dropped the prescription and changed over to Saw Palmetto, which continued the improvement to where I have no symptoms whatsoever of BPH. And I've had the appropriate testing to confirm the results, along with the blood tests for Prostate cancer at less than 1.

4) Was starting to get "floaters" in my eyes 20 years ago, and my OD was saying that I was headed for cataract surgery in due course .... (no big deal, right? routine, happens to everybody in their advancing years ...). Started taking Billberry and later a B&L herbal formulation; within a year's time, the floaters were not discernable and subsequent OD exams don't show the deterioration that was previously reported.

5) Was having a problem with stiff joints, especially in my hands, 35 years ago. As a mechanic with repetitive hand motions on a daily basis, this was a serious issue. The doc's prescribed several different NSAID's which provided relief, but at the expense of havoc with my intestinal tract and risk of ulcers/kidney/liver damage. I dropped the stomach problems in favor of Arnica 200C pillules; not only do they work much faster and more effectively without any side effects, but they work so well that I can take them on a given day when I start to feel stiff fingers and I'll forget to take the stuff for days afterwards because the symptoms don't return for that long.

6) Was having cardiac issues related to a genetic condition, and the doc's put me on Calcium channel blockers ... with absolutely horrible side effects far in excess of any benefit. They switched me to a Beta blocker with similar results. I'm an active person in recreation and employment, so this was devastating to my life. I was able to use homeopathics and minerals to achieve the desired benefit, all under the doc's supervision. Ultimately, I received a (then) experimental surgical procedure which addressed the underlying causation of the problem ... but when I was first diagnosed with the issue, it was considered untreatable and essentially the doc's notice was that I was at risk of catastrophic heart failure at any time. I didn't just "beat the odds" by surviving as many years as I did until a procedure was developed to cure the symptoms, but the regimen I kept with the alternative approach brought me through those years in good enough condition to pass my flight physical every year. As mentioned in many threads on C-D, I'm a pilot and as such, health issues are monitored closely by my AME every year, so we watch these concerns very closely.

7) Was having issues with slowly becoming "pre-diabetic" in my advancing years. Although my docs insist that it's a genetic trend and that I must have had family members that were diabetic, none (to my knowledge) were ever diagnosed with diabetes and none ever exhibited symptoms or were treated for it. Aside from the medical problems that diabetes in and of itself presents for a person, it's the end of a pilot's medical certification ... and so, I embarked upon the program suggested in Balch's "nutrional healing" book. End of "pre-diabetes" elevated blood tests. Again, quick, efficacious, simple, and inexpensive without side effects. Of course, I'd already eliminated many other factors in my diet and lifestyle before needing to resort to the further measures to ensure those good test results. I'll repeat this ... I'm under frequent monitoring of the results, by urine test and by blood work ... so I know that I've got the benefits and results that count. Having seen the health decline of numerous people with diabetes, I'm especially pro-active about not developing it, too. I've learned that many common carb sources in the conventional USA diet trigger incredible spikes in blood sugar levels and I've eliminated the excesses there in my personal diet. It's been years since I've headed to a fast food place for an order of fries .... and yes, I did have that personal experience with potatoes and blood work shortly thereafter. If folk knew of the cycles they're putting their bodies through with their fast food habits, they'd quit eating that crap ...

8) Years ago, the repetitive motions of my work lead to tendonitis in both arms. Told I needed surgery to correct, I wasn't a happy camper. I sought out the advice of an ND, and he suggested a couple of homeopathic and mineral supplements. Started with those, and over the space of several months, the tendonitis symptoms were alleviated. Within a year, the symptoms were totally gone and have been so for 18 years. I take the formulation the ND suggested a couple of times per month at the most anymore, and have enjoyed not having those little tweaks from various impact motions that used to trigger my attacks.

Now, that's just one person's first-hand view of using alternative, unregulated, undocumented by conventional medicine results with a host of ailments that befall many other people. You can cite all the damn studies you want that say ... Arnica doesn't work, Saw Palmetto doesn't work, or xxxxxx doesn't work in a double-blind study performed by the most prestigious hospital or university study program or pharmaceutical research study or the FDA. Know what? I personally know otherwise, and the beneficial results that I've achieved are far beyond any possible placebo effect ... especially in light of the continuing monitoring of my physical condition under doctor's supervision.

OTOH ... you mention that folk who seek alternative medical results could wind up like Steve Jobs ...

OK, I'll tell you about a few folk that I know who went through cancer with nothing but conventional medical treatment ... surgery/chemo/radiation ....

Like my Mom, who developed breast cancer. Underwent difficult treatments the first two times she reached the blood numbers that said stuff was going on, finally had a radical mastectomy. Developed this a third time, which despite ongoing chemo/radiation ... was fatal. Interesting to note that she achieved substantial relief from the side effects by Acupuncture, which isn't a conventional medicine therapy.

Like my Dad, who developed Parkinson's and struggled along for 20 years in essentially a disabled condition with Symmetral and a host of other prescriptions. It was only in his last year, when he finally said "what the heck, I'll try anything at this point" that he tried some of the homeopathic/vitamin/minerals approach from an ND. He got more relief from that approach in his last few months than he'd gotten in a decade from conventional medicine; most significant, it came without the "freezing up" episodes that attended his prescription meds.

Like my good friend, an internal medicine doc, who started passing blood in his stool at age 54. He knew what that meant, it could be serious. Went in for a lower GI exam, and they didn't let him out of the hospital that day, he then underwent exploratory surgery. Once opened up, they determined that nothing could be done for him ... his colon cancer had spread so far that he was not treatable. He underwent several experimental therapies ... chemo and radiation ... debilitating and very painful ... only to pass away within a few months.

Of all coincidences, the father of one of my best friends had virtually the identical experience within months of my doc friend. Passed blood in his stool one morning, went in for an exam, and had a similar set of surgeries/treatment in the 5 months before he passed away.

Both of those men were active, healthy guys ... with a knowledge of preventative diet and routine medical exams. Y'know, the colonoscopy suggested after age 50 to check things out. Both were belivers in conventional medicine, and "safe" levels of various intake of stuff in their diets. Both passed away rather quickly under the most extremely debilitating medical treatment from the time they were diagnosed with cancer.

Yet another friend, a high school buddy ... passed away with lung cancer at age 63. He'd been under treatment for that for 6 years, increasingly limited in what he could do physically. Had one lung removed at the outset of his diagnosis and went downhill from there. Those 6 years were almost as painful to watch as they were for him to live with.

I'm one person, with a limited exposure in the scheme of things to the overall numbers of folk who receive conventional medicine and I see a huge percentage with less than desirable outcomes. My wife has watched the passing recently of several of her friends from breast, colon, stomach, and uterine cancers ... all women at relatively young ages, some younger mom's in their 30's, some of them in their 50's.

But another friend with pancreatic cancer ... and a family history of this ... was diagnosed at age 38 with it. He headed to conventional treatment, and was "cured" in a year, no signs remaining of blood markers. It came back a year later, so again he was back in for treatment and "cured" in a year of radiation/chemo.
Two years later, it came back. He'd already been under the care of an ND (at my urging), and the third time around, he had the option of going the conventional treatment or alternative therapy. The docs at the oncology hospital he'd been going to gave him a very poor prognosis, while the alternative hospital gave him a better outlook. He went to the alternative ... which cost him over $100K out of pocket since his insurance didn't cover this approach ... and within a year was again declared "cured". This time, without the pain and debiliation of the chemo and radiation programs he'd undergone previously; it was all done this time with diet/vitamins/minerals (no "monkey **** and sawdust" hocus-pocus, but well grounded nutrional therapy). Now has 5 years of no recurrence ... and he's still flying, which is a strong credential of having been restored to good health because he gets to undergo a full 1st class medical every 6 months.

I don't have a lot of anecdotal experience with folk such as him because it's not the normal path for many to pursue, especially since insurance doesn't cover this approach while it covers conventional medicine. But it's certainly a better outcome that he's achieved this way than so many others that we've seen over the past decades.

Oh ... I'd add ... my F-I-L is an old school formulating pharmacist. A solid believer in the benefits of conventional medicine and one who cast aspersions upon my other approach ... until such time as he personally started to decline in his advancing years and his golf game was adversely affected. He finally tried Arnica ... topical oil, and then 200c's to help with his joint pain. Now he's back on the golf course and admitting that maybe there's something to all this alternative stuff despite what he's read professionally for 60 years. Even started taking chondroitin for his joint pain, and appears to be getting relief.

I'd mention too, that Aspartame ... which you casually dismiss as a factor because it's not a nutrient, hence not under a minimum RDA ... has been found to be a causation of vision problems. Not here in the USA, where it's gotten a pass, but I'll take the word of the Canadian medical community on this one, where it is a banned substance for Canadian military pilots because of their observed and documented adverse side effects. In short, this is one of those substances commonly found in our food chain here in the USA and ingested in more ways than you can count ... beverages, baked goods, processed foods ... which has been found to be a poison. The word is out in the USA pilot community to avoid this item; again, it comes down to economics. As in, if you want to keep your vision intact to a level that will allow you to maintain your medical certification, you'll avoid this stuff or risk losing your flying privileges ... livlihood.

I'll not take this time to go into the massive effects upon public health that the neurotoxins unleashed in our food chain have wrought, but we're seeing over 1,000 different ones in trace forms coming in from our own domestic commercial food supply and imported foods. Interesting to note that many banned in the USA pesticides/herbicides are in common use overseas so still get consumed here. You can look up these concerns youself in publications in the industry, such as "Food Safety" magazine. These aren't trivial concerns, these are being documented by the industry where a primary issue is the potential for a food processor/distributor to get their butts sued off when their products injure people. It's taken the pressure of a litigious society and the potential to now be able to identify and trace microgram levels of contaminants back to the source that's been the driving factor into this area of the food industry .....

Where I'm taking this is to assert that despite the FDA's mandate to recommend appropriate nutrition and intake levels, the actual methodology is hugely flawed and ignores ... if not outright attacks ... proven benefits from other approaches. Such is the environment in which RDA's are created and proclaimed as "safe" and appropriate ... and as you post ... correct amounts of intakes to ward off such diseases as scurvy.

I'll suggest here that there are "safe" and appropriate levels of other vitamins/minerals/trace elements that are just as tied to other ailments and could be highly beneficial to many people ... like taking Niacin for control of cholesterol/ldl's/hdl's ratio; at intake levels that are far in excess of what are now FDA RDA guidelines. There's a lot more to this health industry than meets the eye in conventional medicine ....

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-06-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,825,924 times
So Sunspirit, you're claiming that between you, people you know, and family, you all have every disease known to man, including several rare diseases that most people haven't ever heard of, let alone know people who suffer from.

And they're ALL cured by alternative medicine, and they were ALL not helped by conventional medicine.

My response:

You're making it all up, and might want to consider psychological therapy to help you weave your way back out of the fantasy world you've created for yourself.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM

376 posts, read 653,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
I've been taking it for about a week steady. I take 2 pills during lunch which are 500mg each. Yesterday I took 2 right before bed and when I woke up I was feeling itchy and felt like I was getting hotter and hotter within seconds of waking up and laying in bed. I get up, get naked in front of the mirror and I looked like a lobster. My skin was extremely red, like a really bad sun burn. I woke the wife up to look at it and she started googling what it could be from. So I do what anyone would do, I went to work. On the way she texts me and tells me it's most likely from the Niacin and should wear off in 1 hour if it is indeed from that. Well 45 mins after waking up I stop and get gas for my car and what do you know the itching and redness is gone. If it hadn't gone away by Noon I was going to go to the walk in clinic.

Suffice to say I'll try just one a day for now on.
Scared the crap out of me the first tie I took it. I was told to take right after eating and to split up the dosage and that seems to work fine for me. I occasionally stil get the flush like you mentioned but was told that is not dangerous just uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements