Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,239 times

Advertisements

I could really use some advice about apartment locations. I am from Michigan but I will be attending grad school at WUSTL in the fall. I am looking at a couple of different apartments and locations, but really like a building I found at Delmar Blvd and Laurel St just north of Hamilton Elementary. Does anyone have any insight about this area. (Also, if anyone knows what the gigantic building at the corner of De Baliviere and Delmar is, I would love to know! I see it on Google Maps, but can't, for the life of me, figure out what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,601,985 times
Pretty sure the big building is a Metro building (mass transit).

Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 642 times
The building at Debalivere and Delmar is home of the St. Louis Jai Alai Club.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 AM

50 posts, read 125,030 times
Default Apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by umichwolverine View Post
I could really use some advice about apartment locations. I am from Michigan but I will be attending grad school at WUSTL in the fall. I am looking at a couple of different apartments and locations, but really like a building I found at Delmar Blvd and Laurel St just north of Hamilton Elementary. Does anyone have any insight about this area. (Also, if anyone knows what the gigantic building at the corner of De Baliviere and Delmar is, I would love to know! I see it on Google Maps, but can't, for the life of me, figure out what it is.
I have a few clients that attend WUSTL and most of them live in the area you are talking about or surrounding areas. I will say this though, that area as a whole gets a little seedy after dark. Just be aware of your surroundings. You might want to see what the school recommends as far as housing goes. Here is the link WU Residential Life - Off-Campus Apartments (University Terrace, Greenway Place, University Drive, Waterman Court and Rosedale Court) (http://reslife.wustl.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&It emid=97.Good - broken link) Good luck!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:52 AM

I wouldn't live north of where you're looking but the neighborhoods of Skinker - Debaliever, Debaliever Place, the central west end, Demun, and The Moorlands are all very close or border the WUSTL campus and are walkable, fun, young, diverse, and safe options for WashU students.

Just use the same street smarts you would use in any college area/urban setting and don't leave valuables in plain sight and you'll fall in love with the area like many of the rest of us.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
Pretty sure the big building is a Metro building (mass transit).
More specifically, the larger building is the Metro Bus Debaliever garage.

video here

YouTube - KETC | Living St. Louis | Bus Garage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: