Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM

9 posts, read 16,069 times

Advertisements

This is my first post on this forum. I appreciate your feedback.

I lived in St Louis about 8 years ago for a few years. My soon to be ex wife is from there and she wants to move back with the kids to live closer to her family and friends. We are in KC now and she does not have anyone here. Sucks that at 39 yo I will be moving back so I can be closer to my kids. She is from Arnold area and is looking to move there so I want to be close but also want to be where professional singles around my age will be.

Help recommend some areas. I am not sure about the downtown lofts as I will have the kids on the weekends and want to ensure that we have things to do. I want to be close to them but in an area that I will be able to meet professionals my age.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,594,879 times
Got any more details/preferences. That would truly help us with helping you.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:17 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,748 times
Do you want to get nasty with it now that you are free? If so, I'd live in a bar area (so you can get nasty with it) near Forest Park (that would provide great entertainment for your kids). CWE would have alot of professionals, and would fit this bill.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Aaron I currently live on 5 acres in the country and have not been in an apartment for over 12 years. But with child support and alimony I will be looking for a place that will have plenty of things to do with the kids, is within 30 minutes of arnold area if not closer, good access to get to the airport, but could meet people. Oscott I am not looking for nasty right now. More to meet people but would like to know where those areas are for future reference. Was looking in Brentwood/Maplewood on the map to see what there is. Not sure Washington Lofts would be for me with the kids.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,874,721 times
Brentwood and Maplewood are both good areas for the most part, another inner-burb I would suggest is Richmond Heights. If you to live in a city neighborhood, I would also suggest St Louis Hills or Holly Hills. Both these neighborhoods wouldn't be far of 55 when traveling to and from Arnold.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,874,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Do you want to get nasty with it now that you are free? If so, I'd live in a bar area (so you can get nasty with it) near Forest Park (that would provide great entertainment for your kids). CWE would have alot of professionals, and would fit this bill.
This post wins the award for the best thing I've heard all day

Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 AM

325 posts, read 851,561 times
There are plenty of places in South County that you could live. Not as much of the single professional, but there are a lot of parks and suburban such in the area. I think you fill more of the single professionals in the city. (But what do I know, I'm married and SAHM) But, I know my neighborhood has a lot of single professionals. There is also a lot of South City easily accessed from 55. The Carondolet area is right off 55 and has the Park right there.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 AM

165 posts, read 451,831 times
I know a single dad that lives in a loft downtown and he and his kids find plenty to do, so that shouldn't be a worry. The City Museum is there and the zoo is close by, as are the Science Center and the Botanical Garden. There are a lot of restaurants, ice cream places, and stores around there, too.

If your ex will live in Arnold, though, you might try looking also in South County. I don't know much about the area, but you'll probably discover that you want to live as close as possible to your kids.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks all. I continue to look south off 55 close to 270 and over to 44 off 270 to see. As you said 3240Redo I will want to be as close as possible but be able to meet people as well.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,600,257 times
soon to be single. What is your budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis