Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,844,142 times

Advertisements

This question has always kind of intrigued me. Hopefully someone can answer.

Are St. Louis Hills and Holly Hills basically interchangeable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,648,338 times
Nope.

Holly Hills is just north and west of Carondelet Park - bounded by Morganford on the west, Bates on the north, grand on the east and Longborough on the south.

St. Louis Hills is situated in the southwest St. Louis. The boundaries are Hampton Avenue on the east and south, Chippewa Street for the north, and the River des Peres on the west.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:41 PM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,722,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
This question has always kind of intrigued me. Hopefully someone can answer.

Are St. Louis Hills and Holly Hills basically interchangeable?
Beyond the boundary issue, the neighborhoods are quite different architecturally.

St. Louis Hills is more upscale and has generally larger houses. About half are the St. Louis brick Gingerbreads on steroids, and the other half is larger mid-century ranch homes (which are pretty rare in the city). There are also some older large apartment buildings which, when built, were considered luxury apartments.

Holly Hills has more small homes and bungalows with a stretch of larger homes fronting Carondelet Park, and some apartment buildings more along the style of Tower Grove and Northampton (2 and 4 family buildings).

Both are nice areas.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM

767 posts, read 2,067,720 times
Default Best Apartment Locations

One really great area with apartments is at Clayton Rd. and Brentwood Blvd. (just to the north of the mall). There is great shopping nearby (across the street actually) and the neighborhood is equally great. I believe that these apartments are pretty much at the border of Clayton and Ladue. I don't have the names of the apartments. but that is a great place to start. You also have access to public transportation and lots of jobs in the Clayton area. If I were looking for an apartment in STL, that would be the first place that i would go. The Central West End of STL also has hundreds of apartments located in relatively safe, quiet surroundings. There are also lots of apartments to choose from in other great locations further west (in Ballwin on Manchester Rd., in Ballwin on Holloway Rd., in Chesterfiield on Clayton Rd., and in Creve Couer on Olive Rd.). However, these are alot farther from downtown STL. But West County is an excellent place to live (clean, safe, upscale, and quiet pretty much sums up most of the area). I'm sure that prices will vary alot. But based on my past experiences, there are probably deals out there to be found in the area (I think that you will find STL to generally be much less expensive than many other cities).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis