Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 PM

20 posts, read 32,691 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

Am hoping somebody can help me out with commute times from Chesterfield to N Jefferson/Market St? I typically get to work around 8am and leave about 5:30-6pm...

We are coming from NJ and have looked at Clayton, Ladue, Frontenac, Kirkwood etc but they just don't seem to float our boat. Looking online Chestefield seems to have some newer homes and a good school district so we might take a drive out tomorrow to take a peek.

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,720,312 times
I only did that west county commute a couple times, it's probably 40 minutes-ish since you're commuting in peak traffic. Someone who does this commute more often might be a better expert. If anything, I'd just check google maps in the morning around 7:20 central time and see what it says over the course of a few days.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
I only did that west county commute a couple times, it's probably 40 minutes-ish since you're commuting in peak traffic. Someone who does this commute more often might be a better expert. If anything, I'd just check google maps in the morning around 7:20 central time and see what it says over the course of a few days.
Thank you - yes I am hoping to find somebody who does it on a regular basis to get a real view!!!

Thanks again

Old 05-06-2013, 06:53 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,965,814 times
So you're working at WFA huh? Me too One of my closest friends works with me there too and she lives in Chesterfield. She gets to work around 7 and leaves at 4; most of the time the commute is 45 minutes; but if there is an accident, inclement weather (of any kind, even rain!) it will likely take over an hour. In snow- it has been over an hour and a half. You haven't said if you're looking to rent or buy; but I live in Brentwood and love it! It literally takes me 15 minutes- in just about any weather, from my garage to my desk. Clayton, Webster Groves and Kirkwood are also great options that are close and your max commute would be around 20-25 minutes for most of those.
good luck!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
So you're working at WFA huh? Me too One of my closest friends works with me there too and she lives in Chesterfield. She gets to work around 7 and leaves at 4; most of the time the commute is 45 minutes; but if there is an accident, inclement weather (of any kind, even rain!) it will likely take over an hour. In snow- it has been over an hour and a half. You haven't said if you're looking to rent or buy; but I live in Brentwood and love it! It literally takes me 15 minutes- in just about any weather, from my garage to my desk. Clayton, Webster Groves and Kirkwood are also great options that are close and your max commute would be around 20-25 minutes for most of those.
good luck!
Thank you - this is very helpful!!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 AM

5 posts, read 5,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTransplant13 View Post
Hi folks,

Am hoping somebody can help me out with commute times from Chesterfield to N Jefferson/Market St? I typically get to work around 8am and leave about 5:30-6pm...

We are coming from NJ and have looked at Clayton, Ladue, Frontenac, Kirkwood etc but they just don't seem to float our boat. Looking online Chestefield seems to have some newer homes and a good school district so we might take a drive out tomorrow to take a peek.

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks
Chesterfield is as large as the City of St. Louis, so where you live in Chesterfield will determine the length of time of your inbound commute. If you live off I-64 in the Chesterfield Valley, the drive to N. Jefferson/Market is about 25-30 minutes - with no gridlock.

Also, all of the 'burbs you mentioned are pricey. But I can't believe you couldn't find something in Kirkwood. Yes, there are some older neighborhoods with smaller homes, but there are nice new subdivisions and homes in Kirkwood. Kirkwood can be pricey depending on where you look. Use more than one realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis