Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,021,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
This is HIGH-larious. Very well done. You owned that guy.
no. he didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
You won't be truly out of here until you give up your attachment to bashing St. Louis on this board.

If you choose to live in a place where you have to drive everywhere, that's fine. But you turn around those of us who want to live a walkable/bikeable lifestyle and you insult us for "not wanting to venture ten miles outside our comfort zone."

How Karl Rove of you, turning a strength into a weakness. You're such a hypocrite, proclaiming in other threads that "I rode fifty miles on my bike today in LSL," like LSL is the ONLY town in Missouri where riding that kind of mileage is possible. Guess you've never spent anytime in West County, especially along Clayton Road, where there are bikers all of the time. Many people ride bikes all of the time in the various city neighborhoods as their predominant means of transportation, not contributing to the pollution of the air, unlike you Californians who are addicted to the car culture.

You bash us, we'll reciprocate ten fold.

inahandbasket

Just spreading the word, trying to warn other people to think twice.

And you know nothing about California Culture except what you see on TV

Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post

I'm sure California is paradise. I wonder why more people or moving out than in, though? Cost of living? High taxes? Quality of life? What?

A state in the rearview mirror - Los Angeles Times

Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 PM

CA is in the process of separating the weak from the strong. The days of government entitlement are over. The weak will move to the midwest, the strong will stay.

its a very exciting time to be here.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,891,441 times
Quote:
CA is in the process of separating the weak from the strong. The days of government entitlement are over. The weak will move to the midwest, the strong will stay.

its a very exciting time to be here.
LOL

Quote of the year. Seriously, you never cease to entertain. That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

CALIFORNIA: ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM

Funny, but true.
Sending all the slackers to the Missouri

Old 08-24-2010, 12:30 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,891,441 times
I think I've figured it out. On further thought, DP is being satirical. He's really someone from the Convention and Visitors Commission who posts here to make the anti-STL crowd look like fools. I think his posts do more for boosterism than of us could hope to achieve. It's an elaborate ruse and we all fell for it!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:21 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,601,985 times
Quote:
Funny, but true.
Sending all the slackers to the Missouri
Is this really necessary? Do you continually have to be so arrogant and condescending?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM

787 posts, read 1,416,990 times
Quote:
no. he didn't.
Yes, I did. BTW, I am a woman.

inahandbasket

Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM

787 posts, read 1,416,990 times
Quote:

Again, you condescending blowhard, all LA is is a mass of suburbs in search of a city with everyone in their own little pod car, always clogging up the freeways because no one wants to build the infrastructure to accommodate mass transit, pedestrian and bike friendly roads.

Stay there and enjoy your traffic jams.

inahandbasket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis