Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
No way!

The misconception about Philly is bogus!

If Philly fan's do anything wrong it's long lasting.

That's why I'm so Happy the beer tossing event happen outside of Philly.
Hey...I gave you a point for this! It was nice to see fans from another city in the spotlight for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
These are some of the memorable national moments for Eagles fans

1968-Booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs

1980-Throw snowballs at CBS analyst Jimmy the Greek at the Vet because he picked Dallas in the NFC Championship.

1989-Throw snowballs at Jimmy Johnsom and CBS announcer Verne Lundquist

1997-Eagles Fans get in a fight during a Monday Night Football game against the Niners

1999-Eagles cheer when Michael Irvin was laying on the field.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:51 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

1980-Throw snowballs at CBS analyst Jimmy the Greek at the Vet because he picked Dallas in the NFC Championship.

1997-Eagles Fans get in a fight during a Monday Night Football game against the Niners

See what I'm talking about long lasting negative scar on Philly fans. This is 2009!

I seen with my on eye's Chicago White Sock fan's leave their seats and beat up an Umpire.

With all of the new stuff that is happening in other cities, I think the bad fan tag needs to be removed.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
No way!

The misconception about Philly is bogus!

If Philly fan's do anything wrong it's long lasting.

That's why I'm so Happy the beer tossing event happen outside of Philly.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have several friends who have gone to Phillies and Eagles games and had beer tossed on them for wearing other jersey's, so it's not just a misconception based on a few publicized incidents. I know it happens at other ballparks, but not as frequently as Philly. If someone has a repuation, it's because that reputation was earned. It's not as though Philly teams are winning teams like the Yankees or Patriots so everyone hates them, it's because of their fans.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:05 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
What do you want Philly fan's to give opposing visitors Flowers and Candy?

What do you expect?

I had Beer tossed on me before I didn't blame the whole fan base of the city I visited. (NY)

Old 08-26-2009, 02:01 PM

167 posts, read 435,047 times
Quote:
Because Philly Fans are ungrateful and will only support you as long as you are winning. When you are losing they bail on you and call you names. So yes Philly fans are the worst
and sometimes they boo cause there teams are winning but not enough

Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have several friends who have gone to Phillies and Eagles games and had beer tossed on them for wearing other jersey's, so it's not just a misconception based on a few publicized incidents. I know it happens at other ballparks, but not as frequently as Philly. If someone has a repuation, it's because that reputation was earned. It's not as though Philly teams are winning teams like the Yankees or Patriots so everyone hates them, it's because of their fans.
Do you have any stats or a link to back up that statement? As for your friends, there's always two sides to a story.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:

I bet a lot of the NFL teams have fans with a rap sheet like that.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western87 View Post
and sometimes they boo cause there teams are winning but not enough
If you're not a Philly sports fan than you could not have any idea why we're booing. Please don't pretend to understand us...

Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I get harassed every summer when I go see the Reds at Citizens Bank Park. Not just a little good-natured ribbing -- I enjoy and welcome that -- but my ballcap has been knocked off my head, I've been the object of foul language and shoving, and yes, beer has been dumped on me in one instance (an usher was watching and threw the guy out ). The beer incident happened several season ago ... when the Reds were losing by about six runs.

This past year may have been the last; I'd rather drive the nine hours to Cincinnati for a weekend to watch a game. I'm not giving any more money to the Phillies organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports