Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 05:16 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Lots of speculation about Woods use of PEDs as well. Just look at how much of a twig he was back in his amateur days versus the 2000. He like doubled in size.

I hope he doesn't win another major - I'm glad he had his swan song, though. Hopefully last weekend was his equivalent of Nicklaus' 1986 Masters win.

I must have misinterpreted your post.
Why?

Nothing would be better for the game of golf than for Tiger to win another major - or two - or three. And I'm sure Jack would agree.

Now you just sound disdainful for disdainful's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 05:58 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Why?

Nothing would be better for the game of golf than for Tiger to win another major - or two - or three. And I'm sure Jack would agree.

Now you just sound disdainful for disdainful's sake.
I don't want him to get any closer to Jack's record.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I don't want him to get any closer to Jack's record.
Don't worry I don't think that'll happen that record is safe.

BTW, I don't know how the weather has been in your part of the country but it just finally got nice out here in Milwaukee. I am hoping to get out and play today.

Looking for a new set of Irons, any have a set they love that I should check out?

Right now I am playing Callaway Diablo irons which is basically a entry level set of Cals, I'm thinking of trying some Cleveland Irons or Ping since everybody swear by those.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:20 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

BTW, I don't know how the weather has been in your part of the country but it just finally got nice out here in Milwaukee. I am hoping to get out and play today.

Looking for a new set of Irons, any have a set they love that I should check out?

Right now I am playing Callaway Diablo irons which is basically a entry level set of Cals, I'm thinking of trying some Cleveland Irons or Ping since everybody swear by those.
You don't think he'll get ANY closer?

I wouldn't bet anything on that that you can't afford to lose. You could take any other golfer of any age on the tour today and there's not a one of them that has a better chance of winning another major than Tiger has at 43.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:34 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,037 times
Quote:

The weather hasn't been great, but it hasn't been atrocious. Snow storm actually passed SOUTH of the Twin Cities here like a week ago. The course I live next to has been open for a while now (maybe 3 weeks?).

Regarding the set, nothing wrong with Diablos. If they're working for you, no reason to get rid of them.

What's your handicap?

Old 05-05-2019, 05:45 PM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times
Quote:

Have logged about 20 rounds since March (in MD - the season is 3/15 to 11/15). The weather's been all over the map - which is typical for MD. Seems like we have 12 seasons here.

I think you can find someone that swears by any brand. I'm a Mizuno and Titleist fan myself. Albeit I've added a lot of Callaway gear in the last two years (Driving Iron, 3 Wood, and wedges).

I'd find a local club that has demo days and go hit a bunch of clubs, or just hit Dicks or Golf Galaxy and try a bunch of clubs. I think the key is finding the type of club you like - muscle back, game improvement, players irons, etc. And then go from there. If you are serious about the game, maybe visit a GolfTec or Club Champion so you can get some fitting statistics. It's an investment - but then you have an idea of what changes you may need to have done depending on the brand.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:26 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,548,500 times
Quote:

So many irons to choose from. If new I would try the G irons from Ping. Pick your flavor:
https://ping.com/clubs/irons

Old 05-07-2019, 05:18 AM

The often popular GD Hot list:

https://www.golfdigest.com/hot-list

Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 AM

For the equipment junkies - you may have seen the My Golf Spy ball comparison recently as it caused a bit of a stir. TXG did their own between Snell and Chromesofts just to give a different perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1_YllqrEE8&t=3s

Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM

Koepka goes out and takes care of business by shooting a course record 63.

This is a monster of a course too - you know it's long when the longer hitters strip one down the fairway on a par 4 and still have >200 yards to the hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports