Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:33 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,638,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I'm a feel player - never had a lesson in my life.

That's probably part of the reason I have still stayed away from them - they might make it worse.

It's never been this bad though...a couple Summers ago I started shanking hosel rockets like the plague...even by the end of that summer I had it sorted (somewhat) and shot if I recall a few 70s).

Now I can't make decent contact to save my life. I haven't played 18 holes this season yet either - longest time in my adult life I haven't played 18. Could that also be playing into it? Maybe...I got out for 9 holes probably close to 10 times, and the first couple times out several months back I got a birdie each time.

I just keep hoping the Lord gets me out of this bad spot...albeit if I have to sit out the entire season and wait through Winter if that's what it takes.

This is not an uncommon thing - the golf forums have all kinds of gentlemen who are in the same spot.

On a side note: That amateur H.J. Choi might have the best swing from a female I've ever seen.
It's just the nature of the game, and sure not playing a lot is a factor. It's been a factor for me too.

But it's weird, there is a local muni that I will catch 9 holes right before dark a few times a month. That's been the extent of my playing. It's again a local muni with wide open fairways and I rarely play well there. I laugh it off as they are not serious rounds and I'm alone but it's starting to bug me. Then I went to a MUCH harder course, and played my only 18 hole round in nearly a year, and threw up a 39 on the back. I always tend to score better there and again it's a hard course.

Makes zero sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 05:26 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,521,696 times
Rooting for Matt Kuchar in the British Open

Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,168,601 times
I like Kuchar too - seems like a real nice guy and he should be damn proud of that Bronze Medal - but I want Spieth to at least keep pace with Tiger for now. If only he never laid sod over his pitch on 12 at Augusta two years he'd already be on a better pace (well, I think he's at a better pace, but I want him to push it...).

I want Spieth, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:51 AM

How about this Austin Connelly too? Wouldn't it be something if he managed to win?

Kuchar is the person I'm rooting for. Sole possession of second and three shots behind: still a very good opportunity for him.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:24 AM

Spieth and Kuch making it interesting..

Old 07-23-2017, 10:41 AM

Wow, what a roller coaster the thirteenth and fourteenth have been for Spieth!

Old 07-23-2017, 11:59 AM

11,109 posts, read 9,943,925 times
Jordan Spieth thus becomes just the third active PGA Tour player to be only one major win away from the career Grand Slam.

Spieth still needs a PGA Championship. Rory McIlroy still needs a Masters. And Phil Mickelson still needs a U.S. Open - though at 47 years of ago, Phil's window is rapidly swinging shut, if it isn't closed already (Hale Irwin in 1990 is the oldest U.S. Open winner, at age 45, and the increasing length of U.S. Opens has made it more and more a younger man's tournament over the years).

The last player to win the career Grand Slam was Tiger Woods, who completed it at The Open in 2000. Before Woods, no one had done it since Nicklaus in 1966 - again, at The Open.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:19 PM

Spieth has done something Tiger never did: three majors before age 24.

We were having this discussion on a golf board about his pace versus Tiger's. I think his next few years are going to prove if he could really keep with Tiger because Tiger has his 2000 season at about this next season Spieth is going to go into.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spieth grabs the PGA to finish this season off with 2 more although that will be a tall order with so many good golfers now.

Nevertheless...can you imagine had Spieth not laid sod over his wedge at Ray's Creek a couple years ago? He would have been on a crazy majors total pace...stay tuned...

Old 07-24-2017, 06:44 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,957,768 times
Spieth's 11 career wins and 3 of which are major championships before age 24 in an era where there are so many incredible players on tour is quite remarkable. Not since the 2011 PGA where Keegan Bradley won and was ranked #110 in the world has anyone outside the Top-50 won a major. Winning multiple majors now is without a doubt far more difficult and here we stand... next month Jordan at the age of 24 could become the 6th player to ever achieve the career grand slam.

Only Tiger comparison I'll throw out there that Jordan possesses is his clutch short-game. That was truly on display yesterday... and that's the difference between him and the rest of the world right now.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,957,768 times
Also fun fact of the day. The top money leader on LPGA tour he earned $1.7 mil this season. Spieth winning yesterday earned him $1.8 mil. Her earnings would be good enough for 41st on the PGA Tour. Crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports