Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2023, 01:43 PM

507 posts, read 345,638 times

Advertisements

Gauff v Kenin was a great match!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 03:13 PM

10,790 posts, read 4,356,071 times
The face of American tennis is BACK baby!

Old 07-07-2023, 08:05 AM

I roll with these:

Old 07-08-2023, 11:57 AM

336 posts, read 182,480 times
Is anyone else bugged that Wimbledon's Croquet Championship hardly gets a mention in spite of getting top-billing with the tennis tournament?

Old 07-08-2023, 12:07 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times
Very disappointed with the Wimbledom coverage, this morning ESPN! showed all men's matches, then they switch the coverage to WABC in the afternoon, and again, they show a men's match with Tiafoe losing the first set, and they don'switch the coverage to the women's center court match of Jabeur/Andresscu, a much more exciting match. It seems they only want to show the last points of the women's matches. Besides all this, the WABC picture is so blurry it's not enjoyable to watch. If this type of coverage continues, both stations have lost a tennis viewer.

Old 07-08-2023, 01:38 PM

7,027 posts, read 11,322,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Very disappointed with the Wimbledom coverage, this morning ESPN! showed all men's matches, then they switch the coverage to WABC in the afternoon, and again, they show a men's match with Tiafoe losing the first set, and they don'switch the coverage to the women's center court match of Jabeur/Andresscu, a much more exciting match. It seems they only want to show the last points of the women's matches. Besides all this, the WABC picture is so blurry it's not enjoyable to watch. If this type of coverage continues, both stations have lost a tennis viewer.
Alcaraz/Jarry was a strong morning ESPN choice. Alcaraz struggled a bit with the power of Jarry, but once he got his 1st serve on track, he had too much spin game for the taller player.

It's cool to see a modern player use backspin as a weapon, not just a change of pace..........he was knife slicing at Jarry's feet and taking control of points and of course his net game was far superior. Anytime Alcaraz could get over the ball and put thick top-spin on it, you could bet Jarry was going to hit it straight into the net.........he wasn't reading it.

Old 07-08-2023, 02:01 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Alcaraz/Jarry was a strong morning ESPN choice. Alcaraz struggled a bit with the power of Jarry, but once he got his 1st serve on track, he had too much spin game for the taller player.

It's cool to see a modern player use backspin as a weapon, not just a change of pace..........he was knife slicing at Jarry's feet and taking control of points and of course his net game was far superior. Anytime Alcaraz could get over the ball and put thick top-spin on it, you could bet Jarry was going to hit it straight into the net.........he wasn't reading it.
Yes, Alcaraz is a very talented player, I wonder if he's going to cramp up again getting to the final. What bugged me is the hosts were saying the Jabuer/Andresscu match was after the Alcaraz match, then it wasn't shown. They didn't bother with the Madison Keys match either until the very end. If they did the split screen with the men/women matches that would have been better than not showing them at all. If they continue with this coverage, I'll quit watching.

Old 07-09-2023, 07:14 PM

Djokovic looked on his last legs in those tiebreakers vs. Hurk (no chance of Hurk winning though, he's no alpha).
Rublev probably won't beat Djokovic in the QF, but Sinner will in the SF.
Alcaraz is like a weaker version of Lleyton Hewitt.
Rune will win 20+ Slams, that I'm sure of, though he's very new to grass (hadn't won a match on grass until this year) so can't expect him to win yet (but he came to the net 73 times in his 3rd round match, so he's got the all-court skills).

Old 07-09-2023, 08:34 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,002,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Djokovic looked on his last legs in those tiebreakers vs. Hurk (no chance of Hurk winning though, he's no alpha).
Rublev probably won't beat Djokovic in the QF, but Sinner will in the SF.
Alcaraz is like a weaker version of Lleyton Hewitt.
Rune will win 20+ Slams, that I'm sure of, though he's very new to grass (hadn't won a match on grass until this year) so can't expect him to win yet (but he came to the net 73 times in his 3rd round match, so he's got the all-court skills).
I’m a Djoker fan, but Hubert choked badly in those tiebreakers.
Alcaraz is the real deal for me, and will have a better career than Hewitt.
Rune will win Majors , but he’s not going to be the next ATG with 20+ slams.

Old 07-10-2023, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I’m a Djoker fan, but Hubert choked badly in those tiebreakers.
Alcaraz is the real deal for me, and will have a better career than Hewitt.
Rune will win Majors , but he’s not going to be the next ATG with 20+ slams.
If the next all-time great is as good as Nadal/Federer/Djokovic he'll win 30 slams, unless we have another era with THREE such all-time greats playing at the same time which I seriously doubt.
I don't see Alcaraz's body holding up, whereas Rune I see unlimited potential plus he's obsessed with tennis (so much that he's willing to travel with his mother non-stop and is constantly smiling and laughing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports