Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:13 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,586,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Great day of tennis. Murray showed great mental strength 5th set. And Federer was just unbelievable to come out winner in that match, stunning. Still tipping Murray for his 2nd Wimbledon crown but it'll be tough for sure.
As almost always, the top 10 seeded male players are at the Semis.

Told you Tsonga would be dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:40 PM

680 posts, read 650,499 times
It was privilege to be able to watch that Federer match live earlier today. I was thinking prior to the match that Cilic could beat Federer and at the end of the second set I was think oh no its the US Open all over again but I was mistaken. Federer had some brilliant moments during the match today but he still looks a bit rusty after missing some time this season.

I think Murray beats Berdych but the other match-up between Federer and Raonic is interesting and if Federer can find a way in that semi then I really do think he stands a very good chance against Murray. With all that being said, I'd still be very surprised he found a way to win this tournament though.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan16 View Post
It was privilege to be able to watch that Federer match live earlier today. I was thinking prior to the match that Cilic could beat Federer and at the end of the second set I was think oh no its the US Open all over again but I was mistaken. Federer had some brilliant moments during the match today but he still looks a bit rusty after missing some time this season.

I think Murray beats Berdych but the other match-up between Federer and Raonic is interesting and if Federer can find a way in that semi then I really do think he stands a very good chance against Murray. With all that being said, I'd still be very surprised he found a way to win this tournament though.
So, what do you think of Tsonga's performance?

Old 07-07-2016, 05:09 PM

3,807 posts, read 3,010,786 times
Women's final tomorrow night, a repeat of the AO final:

Serena Williams vs Angelique Kerber

Serena no doubt is strong favorite, but Kerber (along with Muguruza) showed that she is beatable.

In the meantime the men's semis on tonight.
Here's hoping Raonic can serve his way into his 1st Major final over Federer, Murray should beat perennial gatekeeper Tomas Berdych - who always seems to fall at the penultimate step. (bar his one major final at Wimby 2010, which he lost to Nadal)

Old 07-07-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Women's final tomorrow night, a repeat of the AO final:

Serena Williams vs Angelique Kerber

Serena no doubt is strong favorite, but Kerber (along with Muguruza) showed that she is beatable.

In the meantime the men's semis on tonight.
Here's hoping Raonic can serve his way into his 1st Major final over Federer, Murray should beat perennial gatekeeper Tomas Berdych - who always seems to fall at the penultimate step. (bar his one major final at Wimby 2010, which he lost to Nadal)
I miss Nadal.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:10 AM

1,553 posts, read 927,891 times
Come on, Fed!!

Take this guy OUT in FOUR!!!

Old 07-08-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Come on, Fed!!

Take this guy OUT in FOUR!!!
Can we take a moment to mourn the absence of Nadal?

Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM

3,807 posts, read 3,010,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Can we take a moment to mourn the absence of Nadal?
We can now take a moment to mourn there will be NO Federer OR Nadal in the final!
Brilliant stuff Milos Raonic!
Into his first Major final, with an awesome display of huge serving and hard hitting to take out Fed.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:16 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,250,950 times
I can honestly say I thought Raonic would beat Federer (and in 5 sets to boot); the Canadian has really stepped up his game this year and Federer has fallen back a step. I was only able to watch part of the 5th set and turned on the TV literally in the middle of the memorable point where Raonic broke Federer to go up 3-1. Raonic really showed me something on that point and in Federer's next service game (even though the Swiss legend ultimately held), hitting quality shots on balls that I think Raonic wouldn't have even gotten back 2-3 years ago.

It's too bad for Federer that the 2015 version of himself wasn't able to play this year because I think last year's Federer beats Raonic and more likely than not wins the final (fairly likely over Murray, even though the Scot is playing excellent right now, and almost definitely over Berdych).

Old 07-08-2016, 11:15 AM

Could this the be first win by a chaser in a long time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports