Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 03:13 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,014,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Roberto Alomar spitting on the umpire. In the early 70's, a basketball game between Ohio State and Minnesota. I remember a Minnesota player offering his hand to an OSU player to help him up, and then kicking him in the groin. The Minnesota players acted like crazed thugs once the brawl started.
I remember that very well.

I was ashamed to be a Gopher fan that day !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 10:50 AM

59,347 posts, read 27,528,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
We know that when athletes get frustrated they lose their sportsmanship so what is the most memorable unsportsmanlike behaviors in sports that you remember? I'll assume every Yankees fan would remember Roger Clemens' incident with Mike Piazza in the 2000 World Series. Every Packers and Vikings fan would also remember Randy Moss' moon taunt to the fans in Lambeau Field and Joe Buck condemns it as a "disgusting act". Some people might also remember the person who attacked Nancy Kerrigan in the 1994 Winter Olympic Games. For me I have to go for DeSean Jackson's taunting penalty against the Giants which was pretty stupid. I also remember Dominic Raiola's stupid stomp against the Bears which gave him a one game suspension.
I detest football players doing their "dance" after making a good play.

It is the WORST example of showing "poor sportsmanship.

if they are going to allow it, EVERY player on the field should be allowed after EVERY play.

After all, the center snapped the ball, the guard and tackle did their job by blocking the opponent to give the quarterback time to throw the ball or opens a hole for the running back, etc

Each member on the team should have the chance to "dance" just as the guy who scores the touchdown or catches a pass.

Fair is fair.

But my WORSE was the black runners at the Olympics raising their first in a sign of "black power".

Old 08-28-2016, 08:10 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,281,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I detest football players doing their "dance" after making a good play.
The shortest time that one could spend watching NFL films would be the amount of time spent watching films of Johnny Unitas dancing after throwing yet another touchdown pass.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:32 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,107,272 times
The Pistons walking out on the Bulls with 7.9 seconds left in Game 4 of the 1991 ECF as they were about to be swept...

Old 09-01-2016, 08:57 PM

3,242 posts, read 3,554,852 times
Brooks orpik hit on Erik cole in 2006 (think he has had several others since then), golden boy Chris Paul and his affinity for punching people in the groin (Julius hodge) any of the times Christian Laetner stepped on people (aminu Timberlake or Brian reese).

Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 AM

9,572 posts, read 9,891,001 times
How about 49ers TO (Terrell Owens) dancing on the Cowboys Star twice after touchdowns.

https://youtu.be/K-nxdzgQH8U

Old 09-02-2016, 10:33 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,407,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
How about 49ers TO (Terrell Owens) dancing on the Cowboys Star twice after touchdowns.

https://youtu.be/K-nxdzgQH8U
That was an idiotic thing that TO did. That was absurd. He basically taunted the Cowboys.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know if this is really unsportsmanlike but every Pirates fan would remember Diamondbacks pitcher Randall Delgado intentionally hit Andrew McCutchen in the back with a 95 mph fastball and was ejected and Pirates broadcaster was on a rant about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Pxm0PVDWU
Delgado did intentionally hit Andrew McCutchen and McCutchen was really ticked by throwing his bat on the ground. Bob Walk, Pirates broadcaster, was on a rant on it saying, "There was NO WAY that was not intentional." Just classless behavior by Delgado.

Every Angels fan would remember Jered Weaver throwing a high fastball at the head of Alex Avila. He was later suspended for 6 gmes for his bush league act.

And I'm sure everybody in Chicago would remember Carlos Zambrano's meltdown in the dugout against the White Sox. He got into a feud with Derek Lee and he was suspended for 2 games.

Every Red Sox fans would remember David Ortiz smashing the telephone in Baltimore after a disputed call. I'll nominate every brawl Carlos Gomez has ever got into, especially into a feud with Brian McCann in Atlanta. They have a few little words, Gomez homers, Gomez jaws at Braves pitcher Paul Maholm nd Freddie Freeman jaws at home and the two benches would empty after Gomez and McCann jawed at each other. Gomez would be suspended for it and McCann was not which I believed McCann should have been for at least one game.

Gomez got into another brawl a year later, but this time at PNC Park with Garrett Cole, Pirates starting pitcher. Gomez again would be suspended for his actions in the brawl.

Every Nationals fan would remember Nyjer Morgan's role in the brawl between Washington and Florida. He was pummeled by Chris Volstad of the Marlins. Morgan would later be suspended by Major League Baseball for his actions in the melee.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:36 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,727,236 times
Quote:
We know that when athletes get frustrated they lose their sportsmanship so what is the most memorable unsportsmanlike behaviors in sports that you remember? I'll assume every Yankees fan would remember Roger Clemens' incident with Mike Piazza in the 2000 World Series. Every Packers and Vikings fan would also remember Randy Moss' moon taunt to the fans in Lambeau Field and Joe Buck condemns it as a "disgusting act". Some people might also remember the person who attacked Nancy Kerrigan in the 1994 Winter Olympic Games. For me I have to go for DeSean Jackson's taunting penalty against the Giants which was pretty stupid. I also remember Dominic Raiola's stupid stomp against the Bears which gave him a one game suspension.
yes, but yankees fans don't consider any of what clemens did as unsportsmanlike. seems like you started this thread to bash the yankees, or am i not correct about that?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
yes, but yankees fans don't consider any of what clemens did as unsportsmanlike. seems like you started this thread to bash the yankees, or am i not correct about that?
You are not correct on it. Clemens' behavior on Mike Piazza was really foolish it's still unsportsmanlike behavior in my opinion and I am not bashing the Yankees. I am showing how foolish his behavior was. Even Tim McCarver considered it to be a blatant act. Throwing a broken piece of bat into foul territory near another batter, it's still bad sportsmanship because someone could get hurt, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports