Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:05 PM

427 posts, read 550,888 times

Advertisements

"Bowling is easy! All you have to do is pick up the spares."

Uh ... thanks, Dad. LOL[/quote]

I don't believe I will be quoting your Dad anytime soon! Just this once, to tell you I won't be quoting him!

Oh, if only it were that simple! "Hey Grandma, we can have a mansion in Beverly Hills! All we gotta do is hit the lottery!"

Ok, picking up a few spares would be more realistic. Just a bit easier!

You can improve on that 127 real easily! All ya gotta do is, well, you know.
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 PM

To all you bowlers out there---MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Keep knocking 'em down!
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Oh, almost forgot......and a happy new year!! Ok, now go knock 'em down. Or knock something down!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any bowlers out there??-snowman_0.gif  

Old 12-24-2010, 09:47 PM

Well, it's beginning to look alot like CHRISTMA.......I mean, It's beginning to look alot like I'm gonna get to use my brand new bowling ball soon!

Yes, hold the applause! I'm going out on a limb and predicting my first shot, even after not bowling for over a year now, will be a strike!

Yeah, right.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM

I can't believe it! No bowling for over a year and I start out with the first 6 strikes!! And then....I wake up from my bowling dream.

Ok, so I havn't bowled yet. Next tues., that's the target date.

Rep point bets that my first ball is a strike. Any takers??
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Ok, speaking of bowling(huh?), I'm talking to my dad the other day and he tells me he went bowling and rolled a 150. So I'm thinking (to my self!) well, that ain't so bad, I mean you are 87 after all.

Then he tells me his other two games were 225 and 235 !! Huh, really? Actually, I wasn't too awfully suprised. He's not your average 87 year old.

But still, I'm wondering if he's lying about his age, 'cause I know he ain't lying about his scores!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any bowlers out there??-bowlinboom.gif  

Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,146,887 times
I find bowling to be a great way to get rid of a lot of built up frustration. Take it all out on the pins.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,717,687 times
Default I just went bowling after last time in 2000

I used to bowl on weekend nites when i was 18 back in 1980, i would bowl like 10 games per night, my highest was 179. I still have a cool bowling ball that i got for my 18th birthday as well as the bag

I bowled 159 last week, not bad considering i hadn't bowled in a decade

I now want to bowl with others, what do i do just go to the bowling alley and sign up for a league? I don't have to know anyone on the teams i just sign up? How does it work?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Well, good to see you getting back in the "swing" again!!

I personally havn't bowled on a league in years and when I did it was my fathers team, so that's how I managed that!

Iv'e been looking at some local lanes on line and it seems that you can sign up for various leagues on line.

Or perhaps better still would be to go to a local lane and you'll most likely see flyers regarding league play at their front desk. Speak to someone there, perhaps they will have openings for league bowlers. Some established leagues may be tougher to get into, since alot of the teams just come back and compete year after year.

Check it out and "knock 'em down!"

Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Well, here's what happens when you lay off bowling for over 20 years, maybe bowl 3 games every one or two years, then get your first ball in over 20 yrs and think you can hit the lanes and everything will be smooth sailing like the old days---ya bowl like a dog!!

Well, that's what happened to me anyway! Did manage a 168 my 1st game, then all downhill from there!

Basically I'm starting from scratch now. Really have to learn everything. Four steps or five? The approach, the swing, release, my timing, everything. Stupid pins, I will have my revenge!!

Golf anyone?
Attached Images

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports