Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 03:02 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,777,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboat5 View Post
Iam hitting all the garage sales in rapid city and enjoying the sun.what a great day.
Sounds like a great way to get to know the city! And don't forget to erase that "soon" from your location. You're a Rapid Citian now!

I'm just laying out on the deck sipping tea. It's a nice day out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 07:53 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,434,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I'm with you guys! I'm waiting for sunshine to get here and STAY!!! Our avg. number of days with sunshine is 214 per year and I'm thinking we're behind so the rest of the year should be sunny.

And I'm doing fine and hope everyone else is, too. How are you, Music?

I watched the last half of a fascinating special on CNN last night. Can't remember the title, but the sub-title is LoneWolf. I highly recommend that you catch one of the reruns of it which will probably be airing on Anderson Cooper later in the evenings. It's about the lone vigilantes and their hatred and reasons for their attacks, the signs to watch for, their hatred, etc. They're generally white and hate Blacks, Jews, the Govt, etc.

I learned the significance of "88" and found it fascinating. H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and it stands for "Hile (Sp?) Hitler. HMMM, think I bumped onto that in our own state forum, but had no idea the significance of it until just now.

Anyway, we're taking a nice, little road trip to Sx. Falls later today. We were going to be on our way by now, but we'll just wait until the fog disappears.

Have a wonderful weekend day, everyone!
I researched the CNN story and the 88 thing (Heil Hitler)... Weird. I wish I would've watched that.

Hope you had a great trip to Sioux Falls!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,598,729 times
Oh yea, guess I keep forgetting that you can search news stories since we have internet now. Seriously, it wasn't part of my life until five years ago so I forget all the things that are possible now. I'm hoping to catch the story from start to finish this weekend. I'm hoping they'll rerun it.

Our Sx. Falls trip was wonderful. Falls Park is so nice and groomed and lush. The water seemed so dirty coming down the falls. Was it cause of all the rain? We did the Phillips/Falls thing and I just love it. Beautiful flowers, artwork, and I love part of the sidewalk. We drove around a while and I'm still impressed that Sx. Falls is still clean and neat even though it's grown so much. It was just a gorgeous day!!!

Did western So. Dak. get a hailstorm or severe weather tonight? I thought I caught just a bit of it on the news and they mentioned hail.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:09 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,777,496 times
Quote:

Did western So. Dak. get a hailstorm or severe weather tonight? I thought I caught just a bit of it on the news and they mentioned hail.
Yep, a buddy of mine thought it was snowing up at his place but on the news they said it was just really fine hail. There was a nice lightning show to the south of Rapid City this evening too. I'm still sick of rain though!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 AM

230 posts, read 628,450 times
Share a smile thread huh ??

Hope things are going well for everyone !!!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Share a smile thread huh ??

Hope things are going well for everyone !!!
Mark, it's always good to see you pop in. I hope things are going well for you and your family.

Well, it's sort of a "share a smile" thread or "share anything you want to" thread. Just as long as we keep it light, the topics are pretty much open.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:24 PM

230 posts, read 628,450 times
Well, I check in more often than not, just haven't been posting as much. Anything you want ??

Well, the family and I are still doing very well and enjoy Sioux Falls very much. I think the health care system here is top notch. We are followed mostly through Avera, but Sanford has been very good as well. I love how they will interact with each other and refer out to either without much thought of competition.

The weather still has a lot to be desired in our book, but if that's all there is to complain about, I'm doing pretty good. The job is still very good and allows me a bunch of time with my wife and son. This assignment has been the best in regards to family since returning from Afghanistan.

We went to Omaha's zoo a couple of weekends ago and were just amazed. My son was in 7th heaven with all the animals and couldn't get over both the monkeys and the aquarium. We will be making another trip to see it again. Next time we will go during the week as to avoid the weekend crowds which were crazy.

There's more, but I will keep it simple for the time being and say that we are all doing well.
Thanks for asking !!!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,434,135 times
Quote:
Oh yea, guess I keep forgetting that you can search news stories since we have internet now. Seriously, it wasn't part of my life until five years ago so I forget all the things that are possible now. I'm hoping to catch the story from start to finish this weekend. I'm hoping they'll rerun it.

Our Sx. Falls trip was wonderful. Falls Park is so nice and groomed and lush. The water seemed so dirty coming down the falls. Was it cause of all the rain? We did the Phillips/Falls thing and I just love it. Beautiful flowers, artwork, and I love part of the sidewalk. We drove around a while and I'm still impressed that Sx. Falls is still clean and neat even though it's grown so much. It was just a gorgeous day!!!

Good to hear Jammie. It IS the Big Sioux River ... I haven't been to the falls lately, so I think thats just how it is. . Sculpture Walk is really interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Well, I check in more often than not, just haven't been posting as much. Anything you want ??

Well, the family and I are still doing very well and enjoy Sioux Falls very much. I think the health care system here is top notch. We are followed mostly through Avera, but Sanford has been very good as well. I love how they will interact with each other and refer out to either without much thought of competition.

The weather still has a lot to be desired in our book, but if that's all there is to complain about, I'm doing pretty good. The job is still very good and allows me a bunch of time with my wife and son. This assignment has been the best in regards to family since returning from Afghanistan.

We went to Omaha's zoo a couple of weekends ago and were just amazed. My son was in 7th heaven with all the animals and couldn't get over both the monkeys and the aquarium. We will be making another trip to see it again. Next time we will go during the week as to avoid the weekend crowds which were crazy.

There's more, but I will keep it simple for the time being and say that we are all doing well.
Thanks for asking !!!
Good to hear that everything is going well. I love Omaha's Zoo!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 PM

Yea, well~the Sioux looked dirtier the our own lake here so that's not good.

Mark, I wish the two healthcare providers would be less competitive over here. We have mainly Avera and Sanford wants to get a stronger foothold and Avera isn't happy. Actually having both over here would be wonderful. Sanford does have a few things here, but would like to expand. We still have to go to Sx. Falls for most specialty things and it'd be nice if that could change some day. It's a nice trip in the summertime, but not much fun on ice.

And about the weather~even though you already know that I don't like winter here, our spring has been an unusual one, to say the least. Last week was very chilly compared to avg. We were supposed to be at 79 degrees for a high and some days we barely cracked 60. It's not generally like this. Just one of those years, unfortunately.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,565,187 times
Default New GM Cars for 2012

YouTube - The 2012 Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota