Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 02:54 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I hit a pheasant on the way back from the Black Hills today. Took out a small piece of the front bumper.. I can just tape it back into place... car is aging with 2-3 other dents and a cracked windshield already.. will probably finally replace it within a year... I didn't get all that upset over it.

I was more upset after not reading about just how high a ratings Black Hills Burger and Bun got and not staying another day to get a burger there. I had walked up to it at 2:09PM on Wednesday to find it closed and decided not to make another trip to custer just to get one. Ah well.. maybe in September.
Definitely come back! They are worth the trip! Just make sure if you come in September that you call ahead to make sure they are open. Shoulder season tends to be iffy, as they make their buns fresh each day, and they will close if they run out! Lunch is usually a safe bet, but dinner can be chancy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 05:25 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Rave: I'm out of the hospital/nursing home. Didn't even know it, did you?

Rave: Got me a brand new knee.

Rave: Total knee replacement.

Rant: .... Well, there is actually nothing to rant about.

Explanation.

Finally come due for my knee to be replaced. You have all heard of the VA's secret lists, well, my Dr at the Sheridan VA, sent me to Sturgis, Ft Meade, for immediate knee (total) replacement because I was running bone to bone. That was in August... of 2009. Fast forward to 2015. It looked like it was finally going to happen so I went to Physical Therapy in January and told them I was going to have a total knee replaced and wanted to get a list of exercises to do that would be required, after. The Dr printed them out for me and then showed me how to do them. I not only did them, relijously at home, but I went in to the VA twice a week and used their equipment.

3 weeks ago, I went in for surgery. Those of you that have had it done, can appreciate the following. I had surgery on a Wednesday after noon. I put full wright on it that evening. I took my first walk, with walker, Thursday morning. They transfered me to the Mountain View Nursing home (VS) on Saturday.

I was taken to my surgeons office on day 10, to have my staples removed. I walked in using my cane. The surgeon had his chin on the floor. When I asked him why, he said that the majority of his patients were still in a wheel chair and the remainder were using a walker and here I was, simply using a cane.

I was discharged on Friday. It is now Sunday evening and I have yet to take a single pain pill. I have been on painefs, since 2007 because of that knee. Don't get me wrong, I hurt, but I don't hurt bad enough to even think about taking even so much as an IBProfin. I have not used my cane since I got home. I have walked over 8,000 ft in 2 days.

My advice: sign up for physical therapy before the surgery. You are going to pay the piper, before hurts a lot less than after.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:10 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,856,235 times
RAVE: Your recovery and return are great. It sounds like you are past the critical point of recovery, but keep up that therapy.

Rant: Wife is going in for a knee replacement in 2 wks.

RAVE: She has done this before and knows hoe to recover.

uh

Old 05-26-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

Explanation.

Finally come due for my knee to be replaced. You have all heard of the VA's secret lists, well, my Dr at the Sheridan VA, sent me to Sturgis, Ft Meade, for immediate knee (total) replacement because I was running bone to bone. That was in August... of 2009. Fast forward to 2015. It looked like it was finally going to happen so I went to Physical Therapy in January and told them I was going to have a total knee replaced and wanted to get a list of exercises to do that would be required, after. The Dr printed them out for me and then showed me how to do them. I not only did them, relijously at home, but I went in to the VA twice a week and used their equipment.

3 weeks ago, I went in for surgery. Those of you that have had it done, can appreciate the following. I had surgery on a Wednesday after noon. I put full wright on it that evening. I took my first walk, with walker, Thursday morning. They transfered me to the Mountain View Nursing home (VS) on Saturday.

I was taken to my surgeons office on day 10, to have my staples removed. I walked in using my cane. The surgeon had his chin on the floor. When I asked him why, he said that the majority of his patients were still in a wheel chair and the remainder were using a walker and here I was, simply using a cane.

I was discharged on Friday. It is now Sunday evening and I have yet to take a single pain pill. I have been on painefs, since 2007 because of that knee. Don't get me wrong, I hurt, but I don't hurt bad enough to even think about taking even so much as an IBProfin. I have not used my cane since I got home. I have walked over 8,000 ft in 2 days.

My advice: sign up for physical therapy before the surgery. You are going to pay the piper, before hurts a lot less than after.

Good for you! I am a year and a half out from my last knee surgery (not replacement), and am finally almost pain free on that joint. Unfortunately, I dislocated my ankle about 6 weeks ago and tore a ligament. On the opposite side, no less, so now I really walk funny!

Old 05-31-2015, 06:19 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

Explanation.

Elk hunter was found dead in his home last week.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
Elk hunter was found dead in his home last week.

Our condolences to his family. He will be missed here.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Rest easy, sailor. I am going to miss him.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:14 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
I'm so sorry to read about Elkhunter. He will be sorely missed.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
Jim/ElkHunter....no words.
prayers.....

Old 06-01-2015, 11:04 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,856,235 times
Nuts.
uh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota