Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 11:27 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times

Advertisements

https://ussoccerplayers.com/2022/01/...alifiying.html

Quote:
The United States shutout El Salvador 1-0 at Lower.com Field in Columbus in the Octagonal round of Concacaf World Cup qualifying. Antonee Robinson scored the game’s only goal in the 52nd minute with Matt Turner keeping the clean sheet. The United States travels to Canada on Sunday (3pm – Paramount+) for the second of three qualifiers in the January/February window.
The results leave the top four in the Octagonal the same with Canada leading the USMNT 19 points to 18, Mexico 3rd with 17, and Panama now three points behind in the playoff spot.
A USMNT win on Sunday would be huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 07:19 AM

392 posts, read 317,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
https://ussoccerplayers.com/2022/01/...alifiying.html

A USMNT win on Sunday would be huge.
We can hope but I think Canada will take this one. Canada seems very hungry on the field and is willing to sacrifice their bodies against the US to ensure their place in the World Cup.

I see many problems with the USMNT:

No leader(s): Pulisic is not playing like a leader and neither is Tyler Adams. Mckennie has the potential to be a leader but he is not showing it right now. I don't see a leader right now. Someone needs to step up.

Red zone executions: I don't see the go to guys who can finish in the box. We had proven scorers like Dempey and Altidore in 2014 but I don't see one now. Ferreira should not be on the team especially after missing those 2 chances. It shows that he is a club player and not ready to be at the USMNT level. A striker cannot missed those chances at the international level. Weah has speed and can create chances but really takes too long to shoot in the box. Peppi is going through a learning curve in Germany. Hopefully, Sargent may get on a roll and Pefok can stay hot, both should be in the next camp.

Physicality: USMNT don't have an "enforcer" on the team like Beckerman or Jones for the 2014 team. You need a physical central midfielder to "hit" all the opponents who want brings the ball in the middle. Mckennie and Musah need to step up and stop trying to be the nice guys. Tyler Adams is too weak to be an enforcer. Acosta has done the job but he is not good enough to be a starter. The only enforcer on the team right now is Yedlin. That's why they are saving him to play against Canada.

Old 01-30-2022, 03:42 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Canada 2 -- USMNT 0

Strangely, the match was only carried on spanish-language channels. I guess they figured everybody would be watching the NFL conference championships?

Old 01-30-2022, 03:55 PM

77 posts, read 35,379 times
Quote:
Canada 2 -- USMNT 0

Strangely, the match was only carried on spanish-language channels. I guess they figured everybody would be watching the NFL conference championships?
more like networks were scareed soccer game could take viewers from the game

Old 01-30-2022, 04:47 PM

2,401 posts, read 1,572,726 times
Great win for Canada

Old 01-30-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Great win for Canada
Congrats Canada! You guys earned a spot to the 2022 WC. The only weakness I see is depth. I don't know if you guys can make it out of the WC group stage without depth.

Burkhalter needs to swallow his pride and bring in advisors (experienced international coaches). The USMNT pace of play is too slow. They are not thinking ahead of the next pass and holding on to the ball too much. Possession and playing keep away are ineffective when the team failed to create chances.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:46 PM

77 posts, read 35,379 times
lol i starting to think america took out on this sport to bring american sports tactics and bs into. especially nfl and they just look stupid doing it. i mean in this game ball was always latteral and down the line no link up play. no triangle shapes made by players to move the ball just run down the line and player will pass the ball most of times he is again lol(commentators said this) in iso position one v one with defenders lol i mean it is ridicules how stupid these comentators sound when bring american sport tactis into sport one v one iso football and it is even more funny if actualy coach is implementing and forcing that

Old 02-01-2022, 09:59 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,157,786 times
Quote:
Canada 2 -- USMNT 0

It was carried on Paramount+, home of Champions League, Europa, Europa Conference, and others. The soccer world has not been a "broadcast" world in a long time. Espn+, paramount+, nbcsports just died but Peacock Premium is the real home of the premier league.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
It was carried on Paramount+, home of Champions League, Europa, Europa Conference, and others. The soccer world has not been a "broadcast" world in a long time. Espn+, paramount+, nbcsports just died but Peacock Premium is the real home of the premier league.

NBC Sports Network as a cable channel was killed off but the NBC Sports streaming application still works. The icon changed from NBC SN to NBC Sports. EPL moved to the USA Network on cable which Comcast/NBC-Universal also owns. I subscribe to Sling Blue @ $35/month and Peacock for another $5/month. That gets me every EPL match steamed live plus all the match replays. It's mildly annoying that I can't subscribe to one thing and get every EPL match.

I really wish I could stream all of this in UHD. The resolution of most of it isn't all that great. Netflix streams their original content in UHD. There's no reason Comcast/NBC-Universal can't do it. Everyone uses the same Akamai gear. Even more so since my cable modem is on the Comcast network.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:28 AM

Tonight, USMNT will smack Honduras 5-0 and Mexico will beat Panama 2-0. Everything will be back to normal until the next qualifier window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer