Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 08:08 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Chelsea looking poor still against Fulham. It's incredible the amount of credit Potter seems to have in the media, his position seems to be beyond reproach, and I like the guy, but any foreign manager would be under much more pressure right now IMO.
Considering he has 11 injuries is it really that surprising (and another one added in this game!!), have you seen the teams he's had to put out there! Mediocre AT BEST! Add to that the fact that he's just played Fulham with 10 men after his NEW SIGNING got sent off and I think we can forgive him this result surely!!! In fact Chelsea were the better team until the sending off.

I reckon Potter must have been put under some kind of gypsy curse! Hes cursed I tell yer!

If he's given time he will sort this team out - IF he's given time. Changing managers isn't going to turn Chelsea back into contenders - the manager ISN'T the issue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 07:58 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
As an “anyone but Manchester City” supporter, I was happy to see MC lose their derby though I feel dirty being happy that Manchester United won.

I watched the Blackburn Rovers instead. They were awful losing away to a bad team 4-0. The first goal was at 32 seconds. One of those days in inconsistent Championship.

Go Liverpool!

Old 01-14-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
As an “anyone but Manchester City” supporter, I was happy to see MC lose their derby though I feel dirty being happy that Manchester United won.

I watched the Blackburn Rovers instead. They were awful losing away to a bad team 4-0. The first goal was at 32 seconds. One of those days in inconsistent Championship.

Go Liverpool!
There first goal shouldn't have stood, if Rashford wasn't in the defenders way then I'm Pope John Paul!

Old 01-14-2023, 11:29 AM

Aaaannnndddd…. Liverpool was worse than Blackburn. They were somehow 0-0 at the half but quickly folded in the second half.

Old 01-15-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Aaaannnndddd…. Liverpool was worse than Blackburn. They were somehow 0-0 at the half but quickly folded in the second half.
Brighton are now a VERY good team, I think they will be challenging for European qualification this year. Meanwhile next weekend Liverpool play Chelsea in a 'mid-table' clash.

Old 01-16-2023, 05:54 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
howzabout them Gunners

Old 01-16-2023, 10:24 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
howzabout them Gunners
I think the comment is, thank you Spurs for sticking with Lloris so far past his prime that he let two goals in that 19 other starting goalies would have stopped. Commend Gunners D and two nice saves on Kane balls, but that was a 0-0 draw if we had any other starting keeper. No disrespect intended to anyone but Lloris, who has been so poor this season.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:44 PM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I think the comment is, thank you Spurs for sticking with Lloris so far past his prime that he let two goals in that 19 other starting goalies would have stopped. Commend Gunners D and two nice saves on Kane balls, but that was a 0-0 draw if we had any other starting keeper. No disrespect intended to anyone but Lloris, who has been so poor this season.
i honestly think the loss in th eWC final has played on his mind - he seems somewhat fragile

Old 01-17-2023, 06:12 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
i honestly think the loss in th eWC final has played on his mind - he seems somewhat fragile
That first goal was ridiculous. A national league level keeper stops it. It wasn't even on frame, he "blocked" it into the back of the net with terrible body position and his continued dumbfounding use of his hands. The second goal was a good shot, but he was out of position. It did not have a lot of power on it and he should have been in position to make the stop. I will give the kick respect for just being on the inside of the post, but he still should have got there. Anyway, on to Man city now for Tottenham. Arsenal looks like a strong team that can compete with anyone. Strong manager and the players he needed show what it takes.

Old 01-17-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Brighton are now a VERY good team, I think they will be challenging for European qualification this year. Meanwhile next weekend Liverpool play Chelsea in a 'mid-table' clash.
Kind of different from the two finals in Wembley last year.

Personally, I’m having more fun with Championship. Other than Burnley and maybe Sheffield, every match is a toss-up. More than halfway through the season, almost the whole league still has a shot at the promotion playoffs. It’s hard for me to have a lot of angst over Liverpool. They were really fun to watch for a bunch of years. An off year doesn’t bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer