Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2022, 08:36 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times

Advertisements

You won’t see Son for a while. Fractured eye socket. Maybe Boxing Day. I flipped to the match as Son was getting walked down the tunnel. I was mostly watching the Blackburn Rovers play poorly in Covington on my iPad with Champions League on my panel.

Liverpool can’t draw the three EPL teams or Napoli. Real Madrid, Bayern, Benfica, and Porto. It would be ugly to draw Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Liverpool’s meltdown against Napoli was costly.

Hard to say which Liverpool will show up this weekend. The team with poor midfield play, weak pressing, and TAA defensive mistakes will give up goals on counters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 10:27 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You won’t see Son for a while. Fractured eye socket. Maybe Boxing Day. I flipped to the match as Son was getting walked down the tunnel. I was mostly watching the Blackburn Rovers play poorly in Covington on my iPad with Champions League on my panel.

Liverpool can’t draw the three EPL teams or Napoli. Real Madrid, Bayern, Benfica, and Porto. It would be ugly to draw Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Liverpool’s meltdown against Napoli was costly.

Hard to say which Liverpool will show up this weekend. The team with poor midfield play, weak pressing, and TAA defensive mistakes will give up goals on counters.
I heard about Son and it crushed me. I like him so much as a person and a player. He does a lot in Korea and is one of the most publicly adored Korean athletes. He will almost certainly miss the World Cup if he is having surgery today, which is what I heard. That is devastating. This is his prime age World Cup.

Old 11-03-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I heard about Son and it crushed me. I like him so much as a person and a player. He does a lot in Korea and is one of the most publicly adored Korean athletes. He will almost certainly miss the World Cup if he is having surgery today, which is what I heard. That is devastating. This is his prime age World Cup.
Yep. Group play is over the first week of December. I don’t see how it’s possible. A zygomatic bone is 6 weeks to heal. Maybe the last group play match with a plastic face guard. You don’t want to mess with the optic nerve.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
You don’t want to mess with the optic nerve.
Agreed. Sight is not worth the risk. Still makes me sad. Its a tough group, but I am suddenly pulling for Korea to make the knockout.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Agreed. Sight is not worth the risk. Still makes me sad. Its a tough group, but I am suddenly pulling for Korea to make the knockout.
I’d be good with Korea making the knockout rounds. Darwin would be back in Liverpool training with the team. Saleh didn’t qualify. I doubt Firmino will play much for Brazil. Louis Diaz and Jota are injured. The three forwards need rest.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I’d be good with Korea making the knockout rounds. Darwin would be back in Liverpool training with the team. Saleh didn’t qualify. I doubt Firmino will play much for Brazil. Louis Diaz and Jota are injured. The three forwards need rest.
I tend to care more about the WC than EPL. I'd rather the US or England win a WC than Tottenham win a trophy. But I understand your point. It will help, especially Saleh who I think is feeling the wear and tear a bit.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I tend to care more about the WC than EPL. I'd rather the US or England win a WC than Tottenham win a trophy. But I understand your point. It will help, especially Saleh who I think is feeling the wear and tear a bit.

That's because the Spurs won't ever win a trophy. /troll

I was in Amsterdam during the 2014 World Cup when NL made the semifinals. The whole country shut down for all the NL matches with huge outdoor stadium-sized television screens. Personally, I don't have that kind of emotional investment in the USMNT. I view it as more of an extended All Star tournament of the best league players. If I grew up in a football powerhouse country surrounded by the culture my whole life, I might feel differently.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:10 PM

And in other news, next Sunday's East Lancashire Derby at Burnley is for the top of the Championship table at the World Cup break. Burnley was pretty obvious as most likely to be promoted but Blackburn has managed to be within 2 points of Burnley. Sunday at 7:30am EST on ESPN+. Burnley should win easily but you never know.

Blackburn has a league cup match at West Ham. I hope they play Academy teens so everyone is fresh for Sunday. Sheffield United, Norwich City, and Watford are the more likely promotion candidates but it's kind of fun being 20 matches into a 46 match season still in contention for promotion.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:59 AM

27,202 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Liverpool up for Sale.

There have been rumours of a potential £4.3 billion bid by Dubai International Capital, which was founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, however there may yet be other bids and consortiums.

£4.3bn Liverpool takeover 'plotted' by Dubai investors who failed with 2007 bid - Daily Mirror (8th November 2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News

Liverpool were Premier League runners-up last season, but they are currently eighth in the table.

It has become increasingly difficult for clubs to compete financially with sides that have backers from wealthy states, such as Paris St-Germain (Qatar), Manchester City (Abu Dhabi) and Newcastle (Saudi Arabia).

Liverpool for sale? What's going on at Anfield - BBC News (8th November 2022)

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-09-2022 at 03:11 AM..

Old 11-09-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Liverpool up for Sale.

There have been rumours of a potential £4.3 billion bid by Dubai International Capital, which was founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, however there may yet be other bids and consortiums.

£4.3bn Liverpool takeover 'plotted' by Dubai investors who failed with 2007 bid - Daily Mirror (8th November 2022)
It’s a smart move by Fenway Sports Group. They paid £300 million for it in 2010. They’re not going to be able to compete against the oil teams with their business model. Sell now while they’re in Champions League and have the maximum value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer