Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2024, 08:48 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,352,155 times

Advertisements

Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season. He’s had a great run. As a plastic Liverpool supporter, I’m hoping for a quadruple.

I am watching the Canadian FUBO soccer package on my panel. Premier League, the French league, the Italian league, the Turkish league, and the Dutch league. They also have the Africa Cup so I tested it watching Sadio Mane and Senegal in a match replay. Combined with ESPN+, I now have all the big European leagues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 10:26 AM

4,310 posts, read 1,569,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season. He’s had a great run.
As a Man Utd fan, I'm delighted.

Hope they get King Kenny back and spend another 30 years not winning a title.

Great manager, pleased to see the back of him.

Old 01-26-2024, 11:23 AM

2,408 posts, read 1,590,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
As a Man Utd fan, I'm delighted.

Hope they get King Kenny back and spend another 30 years not winning a title.

Great manager, pleased to see the back of him.
As an Arsenal Fan I want to see Klopp at Man Utd, that would be just too funny

Old 01-29-2024, 07:38 PM

Blackburn Rovers 4 - Hollywood 1. No Ryan Reynolds sightings.

Rovers looked great against a League 2 club. The Magpies are next at Ewood. With Newcastle crashed out of Europe and mid table in the Premier League, they will be trying to win. Rovers don’t defend well enough to avoid a slaughter.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:24 AM

Crazy game at Molineux last night. That first half from United was the best I've seen them in the past few years, but as soon as Casimero and Martinez went off it all went to pot until Mainoo got the late, late winner. Incredible scenes.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:21 PM

And my latest Blackburn Rovers bad news:

Rovers were doing a last minute transfer of a MLS player. The incompetent back office hit “save” instead of “send” and missed the cutoff to file the paperwork with the league. It looks like the manager is leaving/resigning. Indian capital controls made a mess of Rovers finances. They have one of the lowest payrolls in the league and aren’t competitive. The manager has been playing almost a Liverpool style and doesn’t have the talent to avoid conceding easy goals. Under Tony Mowbray, they were compensating for this by parking the bus and running counters. Last year, Burnley played that way and had better talent than the rest of the league. It’s been a disaster in the Premier League where they have less talent than other clubs.

Liverpool was outplayed by Arsenal on the weekend. It was interesting at the half when Liverpool got an equalizer in extra time but the disastrous VVD and Alisson error to concede an easy goal put an end to that. Hopefully, it will be a three club race the rest of the way. I’d much rather see Arsenal win than Manchester City.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:48 AM

Quote:
And my latest Blackburn Rovers bad news:

Rovers were doing a last minute transfer of a MLS player. The incompetent back office hit “save” instead of “send” and missed the cutoff to file the paperwork with the league. It looks like the manager is leaving/resigning. Indian capital controls made a mess of Rovers finances. They have one of the lowest payrolls in the league and aren’t competitive. The manager has been playing almost a Liverpool style and doesn’t have the talent to avoid conceding easy goals. Under Tony Mowbray, they were compensating for this by parking the bus and running counters. Last year, Burnley played that way and had better talent than the rest of the league. It’s been a disaster in the Premier League where they have less talent than other clubs.

Liverpool was outplayed by Arsenal on the weekend. It was interesting at the half when Liverpool got an equalizer in extra time but the disastrous VVD and Alisson error to concede an easy goal put an end to that. Hopefully, it will be a three club race the rest of the way. I’d much rather see Arsenal win than Manchester City.
are Blackburn still owned by the Indian Chicken Industry family? Venkis?

Old 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I’d much rather see Arsenal win than Manchester City.
100% agree. The league runs the danger of becoming Bundesliga if Man City keep winning, despite their 115 pending charges.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
are Blackburn still owned by the Indian Chicken Industry family? Venkis?
Yep. Venky’s. Not exactly well-liked by Rovers supporters. Attendance was down to 12,000 last match. The rumor in the local press is the former Birmingham City manager is about to be announced.

Old 02-09-2024, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Yep. Venky’s. Not exactly well-liked by Rovers supporters. Attendance was down to 12,000 last match. The rumor in the local press is the former Birmingham City manager is about to be announced.
Rooney? Like he has a good track record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer