Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2022, 05:38 PM

847 posts, read 510,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Well that was quite an opening day for the Spurs. Excited to see games again. Wishing all of you here an enjoyable season supporting your favorite club, even Arsenal. COME ON YOU SPURS!
Both Spurs and Gooners looked good. To my biased eyes, Spurs looked better, but in fairness Palace are a better side than So'Ton and Gooners were on the road. Still, I think their defense in mediocre and Xhaka is trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 05:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Both Spurs and Gooners looked good. To my biased eyes, Spurs looked better, but in fairness Palace are a better side than So'Ton and Gooners were on the road. Still, I think their defense in mediocre and Xhaka is trash.
Two yellows for those ridiculous dives so far. I hope they come down hard on it. It hurts the game.

Arsenal is going to be a strong team. Top 4 will be as tough as ever. Spurs have a strong attack, but they too have defensive issues, and Lloris is not getting any younger. He lost a step last year and I am sure it will show more this season. Enjoy your season!!!

Old 08-07-2022, 11:48 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Two yellows for those ridiculous dives so far. I hope they come down hard on it. It hurts the game.

Arsenal is going to be a strong team. Top 4 will be as tough as ever. Spurs have a strong attack, but they too have defensive issues, and Lloris is not getting any younger. He lost a step last year and I am sure it will show more this season. Enjoy your season!!!
Liverpool is doing their best to crash out of the top 4. They were outplayed for the first hour at Craven Cottage. Mitrovic played well. It’s only one match but Fulham isn’t playing like a ping pong team. They were really aggressive.

That was it for me for EPL. I watched the Swansea-Blackburn match replay on my iPad. It’s not quite Kane and Son but Blackburn was all defense and scored three goals on counters. After two weeks, Blackburn is at the top of the table with two clean sheets.

I see ManU lost and Ronaldo started on the bench. What a mess.

Old 08-07-2022, 07:26 PM

14,689 posts, read 14,662,025 times
WTF….Haaland looking like he’s going for the Ballon d’Or.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Liverpool is doing their best to crash out of the top 4. They were outplayed for the first hour at Craven Cottage. Mitrovic played well. It’s only one match but Fulham isn’t playing like a ping pong team. They were really aggressive.

That was it for me for EPL. I watched the Swansea-Blackburn match replay on my iPad. It’s not quite Kane and Son but Blackburn was all defense and scored three goals on counters. After two weeks, Blackburn is at the top of the table with two clean sheets.

I see ManU lost and Ronaldo started on the bench. What a mess.
ManU is looking terrible. Huge hole in the defense, it could have worse. I will check out the Swansea-Blackburn match on lunch today. Sounds like a good one.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
WTF….Haaland looking like he’s going for the Ballon d’Or.
I still think his best talents will be wasted there because they all want to shoot and he is best on those darting runs. But he is so good and fun to watch. I suspect that teams breaks the goals record again. Too much talent on the field there.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:02 AM

Quote:
ManU is looking terrible. Huge hole in the defense, it could have worse. I will check out the Swansea-Blackburn match on lunch today. Sounds like a good one.
The ManU drama is kind of enjoyable from afar since they have such an enormous payroll.

Swansea-Blackburn is pretty boring to watch as a match replay. It’s mostly Blackburn packed in and Swansea passing the ball around 40 yards out. I think the possession was 80/20 but much of the match was more like 90/10. The style they played in their first match was more attacking. A total change in tactics. I’m enjoying following an average Championship team. I just wish I could push it to my home theater. Other than a few Sky/ESPN+ matches, I can only stream to a laptop or Apple device and it’s pretty low resolution by 2022 standards. I’d pay the £120 for live streaming if I could watch it on my OLED panel.

Speaking of, Peacock resolution for EPL is pretty lousy. Considering Comcast owns them, you’d think all content would be UDH by now. With Liverpool, Diaz changed his hair so it’s similar to Firmino. The resolution isn’t good enough to tell them apart at times.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The ManU drama is kind of enjoyable from afar since they have such an enormous payroll.

Swansea-Blackburn is pretty boring to watch as a match replay. It’s mostly Blackburn packed in and Swansea passing the ball around 40 yards out. I think the possession was 80/20 but much of the match was more like 90/10. The style they played in their first match was more attacking. A total change in tactics. I’m enjoying following an average Championship team. I just wish I could push it to my home theater. Other than a few Sky/ESPN+ matches, I can only stream to a laptop or Apple device and it’s pretty low resolution by 2022 standards. I’d pay the £120 for live streaming if I could watch it on my OLED panel.

Speaking of, Peacock resolution for EPL is pretty lousy. Considering Comcast owns them, you’d think all content would be UDH by now. With Liverpool, Diaz changed his hair so it’s similar to Firmino. The resolution isn’t good enough to tell them apart at times.
I use my Galaxy S10 and cast anything on my phone to my roku HD box. I use a Screen Mirror app. It works amazing. Same definition on my phone is on my TV. Not sure if it would work for you or not, but its free to try, or at least the cost to buy a roku box if you do not have one. Best of luck.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I use my Galaxy S10 and cast anything on my phone to my roku HD box. I use a Screen Mirror app. It works amazing. Same definition on my phone is on my TV. Not sure if it would work for you or not, but its free to try, or at least the cost to buy a roku box if you do not have one. Best of luck.

I need to try that with my iPad since it's the new fancy processor. With my iPhone X, it's a dog pushing it to my OLED panel.

Edited:

It's a new world! It still has lots of compression artifacts but it's the same as my iPad screen. Now I need to decide if I want to feed Blackburn £140 to stream all the matches instead of watching on match replay. I realize this isn't EPL so doesn't really belong in this thread but I'm having fun following a Championship team.

Last edited by GeoffD; 08-08-2022 at 01:26 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I need to try that with my iPad since it's the new fancy processor. With my iPhone X, it's a dog pushing it to my OLED panel.

Edited:

It's a new world! It still has lots of compression artifacts but it's the same as my iPad screen. Now I need to decide if I want to feed Blackburn £140 to stream all the matches instead of watching on match replay. I realize this isn't EPL so doesn't really belong in this thread but I'm having fun following a Championship team.

As far as I am concerned, Blackburn discussions are cool in this thread. So glad it worked for you. Technology is amazing. 140 for the year, so that is like under 5 quid a match. I would do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer