Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 09:37 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I just looked and that schedule is tough, but then it gets far easier.
Sure, but they could easily have 3 points and be in last place on January 1. No good player is going to accept a transfer to a team in last place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 11:10 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,152,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Sure, but they could easily have 3 points and be in last place on January 1. No good player is going to accept a transfer to a team in last place.
I agree. While there are a few games between now and then that can be a W or at least a draw, but it is an uphill climb. I still think they will find a way into the top 17, but hardly where a team wanting to buy top players needs to be.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:07 PM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
I agree. While there are a few games between now and then that can be a W or at least a draw, but it is an uphill climb. I still think they will find a way into the top 17, but hardly where a team wanting to buy top players needs to be.
It’s also demoralizing to the starting XI with rumors swirling about possible transfer market players replacing you. There’s going to be 2 1/2 months of that.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It’s also demoralizing to the starting XI with rumors swirling about possible transfer market players replacing you. There’s going to be 2 1/2 months of that.
Yes, coaching changes, player changes, these rumors can hurt a locker room, which impacts the play on the pitch so much. Its not a good position. But fans can hope to get wins or draws against the bottom half of the table and make as good a showing against the top as possible. Its just a few places to move up to avoid regulation, then some infusion of capital can start to impact them. For all Newcastle fans, I am hoping this happens. I wish you all the best.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Yes, coaching changes, player changes, these rumors can hurt a locker room, which impacts the play on the pitch so much. Its not a good position. But fans can hope to get wins or draws against the bottom half of the table and make as good a showing against the top as possible. Its just a few places to move up to avoid regulation, then some infusion of capital can start to impact them. For all Newcastle fans, I am hoping this happens. I wish you all the best.
So Nuno is out at Spurs. Sounds like Conte is coming, but we all heard that in June, so I will wait to see. If it is Conte, I think he is a better match for Spurs. but at the end, it is all about the investment in the club. Tottenham wants to invest like it is a smaller market club to pay for the stadium, but that just will not work with Conte. Lets see what happens.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:06 AM

14,675 posts, read 14,639,000 times
Nuno wasn't the root problem with the Spurs, but he was still a bad fit and it's easier to sack him than ownership or figure out what to do with Kane. It doesn't look like the latter is going to be motivated no matter who they bring in.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Nuno wasn't the root problem with the Spurs, but he was still a bad fit and it's easier to sack him than ownership or figure out what to do with Kane. It doesn't look like the latter is going to be motivated no matter who they bring in.
Not moving Kane was a huge mistake. Though I suspect he will be more motivated with Conte than with Nuno. I think you are right that Nuno was not the real issue. I think Spurs have lacked an playstyle identity since Ponch left. Nuno was not the man to give them one. I am one of those Spurs til I die type of supporters, but its difficult to see anything other than a long rebuild. Its why I want them to take the Conference play seriously, because it remains their best chance of Europa next season. To me, move Kane for $100M - $130M pounds (I truly think that they can still get it) and move forward.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:15 AM

9,754 posts, read 7,465,729 times
The club was in complete disarray between Nuno arrived. You can't fix a gunshot wound with a band-aid, which is what they are trying to accomplish with Conte. I just don't know why he would join now when he declined in the summer when the club is probably in an even worse position they are now then they were in. It just comes back to what I said in a group chat on Twitter the other day with a bunch of Spurs fans:

"As long as Levy gets a full house through the gate for 19 Premier League games, 3+ European games, 80% capacity for England cup games, as well as 100,000 for 2 NFL games a year, why should Levy care about how bad the product is on the field?? Levy is making money regardless and since Spurs are like a tourist destination now, as long as people are still coming through the gates, which they are, why would he invest in the club??"

Old 11-01-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The club was in complete disarray between Nuno arrived. You can't fix a gunshot wound with a band-aid, which is what they are trying to accomplish with Conte. I just don't know why he would join now when he declined in the summer when the club is probably in an even worse position they are now then they were in. It just comes back to what I said in a group chat on Twitter the other day with a bunch of Spurs fans:

"As long as Levy gets a full house through the gate for 19 Premier League games, 3+ European games, 80% capacity for England cup games, as well as 100,000 for 2 NFL games a year, why should Levy care about how bad the product is on the field?? Levy is making money regardless and since Spurs are like a tourist destination now, as long as people are still coming through the gates, which they are, why would he invest in the club??"
That is a fair point. And we all know that Tottenham's debt service for the stadium is difficult to handle. Covid hurt a great deal more to them than other clubs due to the financing arrangements. But they are billionaires, so won't lose any sleep. I just want to see good play from what they have. I think the journey is going to be a few seasons outside the top 5, possibly worse, before they can compete annually for european football.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:55 AM

I want to watch the Liverpool - West Ham game. I was unable to watch and did not expect the result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer