Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM

6,409 posts, read 9,044,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Yeah I am really tbh. Not all of em but a majority of them. I am an Irish football fan, not a fan of the bandwagon tournaments and games. I go (went really) to Irish games for years, League of Ireland etc, went to Ireland international games that didn't attract half full stadiums and were basically giving away tickets because the game wasn't glamorous enough for Lepregoons. How many of these will show up for Ireland v Kazakhstan @ Aviva ? Few hundred. These same tools with their Anti-English songs now and theyll dawn their Chelski,Pool,Utd etc jerseys next month.
Are the Irish fans bringing IRA songs to Euro? This is the first negative comment about Ireland supporters I've read. Do you have reason to think they're not the jolly lot the media is making them out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,456,941 times
There will always be republican songs sang by Irish fans, I am OK with that being a nationalist. Its the hipocracy of lets all hate England while were here this month before we dawn our Utd and Celtic shirts and never go to an actual game of Irish football ever. I went to Ireland v Denmark game years ago and they were booing "Rangers" players. I cracked up as I like Danish football and they were marked wrong in the program but ppl boo'd anyway just youknow, cause well theyre Lepregoons.

They are alll the jolly green army Lepregoon people having fun the media points out. I just have a hard time calling them Irish football fans rather than glory hunter Lepregoons. I am anti destroying the flag with idiotic Father Ted crap written on it too. I realise I am in the minority and I am looked upon like I am crazy by a vast majority of people but I am OK with that =)

Old 06-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Take a British paper to help me sup up why Irish fans are not the best in the world, like the claim
OH'IRELAND
The Fiver | Technical wizardry; and the run-around | Tom Lutz and Paul Doyle | Football | guardian.co.uk

Old 06-15-2012, 01:43 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,550,720 times
Brian how do you know that Irish fans dont go to games. How do you know? Why do you like slagging people from your so called country all the time. We are proud of the lads for getting this far and it was good fun. There is nothing wrong with supporting your team.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,795,702 times
drama lols...nice job Welbeck!! Go England!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM

175 posts, read 202,858 times
Get in!!!

We were shocking though, if Ibrahimovich could have brung himself to pass the ball occasionally the meatball lovers would've won that! Still was an entertaining game, great result and confident we'll go through now.
Need to play a s**te site better though or we wont be going much further. Walnut and ox to start next game!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Brian how do you know that Irish fans dont go to games. How do you know? Why do you like slagging people from your so called country all the time. We are proud of the lads for getting this far and it was good fun. There is nothing wrong with supporting your team.
Cause the avg attendence is 1000 or below in Irish football and 20k went to Poland and there is 12 teams in the top flight in football. You do the math. You are a Pats "fan" so you should know all about that right, you go to all the games like you do a majority of the Liverpool games like you said. Or would that just ba tall tail.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Cause the avg attendence is 1000 or below in Irish football and 20k went to Poland and there is 12 teams in the top flight in football. You do the math. You are a Pats "fan" so you should know all about that right, you go to all the games like you do a majority of the Liverpool games like you said. Or would that just ba tall tail.
Would you call yourself a fan of Irish football? You call everyone else Lepragoons or whatever you called them but how many Ireland or league of Ireland games have you been to this year? Well?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM

Yes I am a fan of Irish football. I have been to none obviously, season ticket holder of Shelbourne for over a decade and I still watch ShelsTV (www.shelstv.com) and MNS. I think its pretty obvious I have been to none this year John, dont get stupid for the sake of it. Probably the same amount of St Pats and Liverpool games youve been to this year probably.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:35 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,795,702 times
Which one of you leprechauns speaks Gaelic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer