Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ronaldo vs. Messi
Christiano Ronaldo 3 10.71%
Lionel Messi 25 89.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,241,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Not even a contest! Messi all the way. Ronaldo is nothing but a divin, mascara-wearing, Ferrari-crashing, two-timing backstabber.

I think that is what Ronaldo suffers from when it comes to discussions like this. It's the way he carries himself, his arrogance, the incessant step-over display, the bag of tricks he uses rather than just beating someone with his speed and power. He's a tough player to pull for unless he's on your team. Extremely talanted, but not very likable. I watched him alot while at Man U, and although he did some amazing things, they were usually individual displays. Don't remember too many times where he made his mates look better ala Gareth Bale v Inter where he made Maicon look like his feet were nailed to the floor (for example).

If I was an owner and could afford eithert player I would probably go with Messi, or Ronaldo, or Bale... All great players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,566,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
If I was an owner and could afford eithert player I would probably go with Messi, or Ronaldo, or Bale... All great players.

you must've mistyped b/c I think you just put Gareth Bale in the same company as Messi and C-ron ... care to revise?

Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,857,404 times
he's got a bit to go, but he is getting there, he isn't far off. I have seen bale grow from a left back to without a doubt the best left sided winger in the world at the moment, he is still young, so i think after the way he tore one of the best right backs in the world to pieces and also some of the best defenders in the toughest league in the world, he is getting closer to ronaldo and messi, he could be in their company in 2 or 3 years, i am not saying he is better than messi or ronaldo, but when he is on fire, at his very best, he is my personal favorite football player to watch.

and i suppose we will find out what one turns up tomorrow night at the bernabeu, looking forward to the game

Last edited by paull805; 04-04-2011 at 04:09 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,241,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you must've mistyped b/c I think you just put Gareth Bale in the same company as Messi and C-ron ... care to revise?

Not really. I would have GB on my team in a heart beat. Is he as seasoned as the other two at this point? No. Has he shown he can play with, and dominate at times some of the worlds best, you bet. The kid has potential to be one of the best in the world at his position. We'll see how he does tomorrow v Real and Ronaldo.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 AM

221 posts, read 656,807 times
Messi is just a better player. Ronaldo is only better at free kicks and he is more physical.

I would take Messi on my team any day over Ronaldo. Messi generates more chances and is overall a more dangerous player.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,566,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Not really. I would have GB on my team in a heart beat. Is he as seasoned as the other two at this point? No. Has he shown he can play with, and dominate at times some of the worlds best, you bet. The kid has potential to be one of the best in the world at his position. We'll see how he does tomorrow v Real and Ronaldo.
was a real shame he wasn't fit to play against england, would've been a better match for the Welsh, he 's got great potential.

Sp*rs are fun to watch with him in the squad. (did I just say something nice about that team?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanishGuy View Post
Messi is just a better player. Ronaldo is only better at free kicks and he is more physical.

I would take Messi on my team any day over Ronaldo. Messi generates more chances and is overall a more dangerous player.
like I said, Messi's work rate is so much better, did you notice him during CL football this week against Shaktar , he suffers literally 3 or 4 tackles in a row, most in the box, and never goes down and keeps dribbling? great stuff. And he did that on more than one occation. Fun to watch.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM

maybe this youngster will be there one day!

YouTube - FC Baar - FC Sempach: Joonas Jokinen (35) shoots penalty

Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,394 times
Ronaldo 2
Messi 1

Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM

643 posts, read 1,123,778 times
Copa Del Rey final. Ronaldo played alright, made a few good bursts but gave it away a lot. Messi didn't really do much and i'm a Messi fan

Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM

can't judge whos the better player on 1 game, we all know messi is a better player! i don't know why theres still a debate going on, messi is the most gifted footballer i have ever seen, and will go on to be the best in history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer